Ti-5, MP55 or Gosen 1500

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Xavier, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Xavier

Xavier Guest

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a new racquet and have narrowed it down to these two racquets,

MP 55 - $99.99 cdn
    Ti-5 - $139.99 cdn
    Gosen 1500 - $139.99

The problem is, which one is better?

I am an intermediate level player who enjoys control and power when necessary.

I play 3 times a week.

Are there any other racquets that you would suggest that are in the same price range.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. jon

jon Guest

I'd go for the mp55!

Also... would you mind telling me where you can get that mp55 for 99.99 canadian!?

I'm looking for a new racquet as well, and I've narrowed it down to to only the mp55, since its an affordable, yet advance level racquet with a good construction!

3. Cricket

Cricket Guest

I agree with jon. I have the mp55 and it is a great racquet. It has an excellent blend of control and power and it is very maneuverable at the net. I have played with the Ti-5 and I don't think it comes anywhere near the mp55.

4. Xavier

Xavier Guest

Hello Jon,

The MP 55 is selling at Browns Sports for $99.99 Cdn. Stringing for the racquet costs $19.99.

I think Yo Sports is selling the 55 for roughly the same cost as well. They are located in Markham (woodbine and hwy 7).

If you require additional information post a note.

By the way, thank you Jon and Cricket for the information. I am leaning towards the 55.

5. jon

jon Guest

I'm glad I've persuaded you :)

Anyhow... I've been to Yo's Sports... and the owner there is really nice... He's actually charging 128 incl. tax...w/strings!
    so... i think you should go to yo's sports instead!

He allows for you to get bg65..bg80..bg70pro.. for $128!!

6. Xavier

Xavier Guest

Cool,

Did you get the racquet?

That's a great price for the racquet. Do they have many racquets in stock?

Thanks for the information, I will definitely go there to get the racquet.

Hope you enjoy the racquet.

7. jon

jon Guest

I have not bought one yet.

I'm thinking of buying one soon though... possibly during the march break :)

8. Johnny

Johnny Guest

Yo's is the place. Good prices and great customer service. Koyo is also a great badminton player too.

9. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    ok, similar question, but instead of ti-5, ti-7.... and take out the gosen racquet... any ideas people?

thanks!