Thruster F Enhanced vs. Thruster Ryuga?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gibbs, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

I'm looking for a new head-heavy racket, and I decided I'd give Victor rackets a try for one. I narrowed down my picks to three choices, the Thruster F Enhanced, the Thruster Ryuga, and the Thruster Legend. I heard that the Thruster Legend was a bit heavier than the Ryuga, so I decided on either the Ryuga or the F Enhanced.

I've heard that the Ryuga is both head-heavier and way stiffer than the Thruster F Enhanced, but they're both head-heavy and stiff rackets regardless. Other than that, I can't find any sort of reviews comparing the two at all. Has anybody played with the two before?

I'm leaning towards the Thruster F, since I don't have the most power for a singles player and I might need the tiny bit of extra shaft flexibility, but again, it's really hard to find comparisons or reviews online.

2. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Smashing power-wise, if you have the swing speed, power and stamina. Ryuga would be better than TK-F. But other than that.
    I found that:
    - the control level are similar.
    - TK-F is wayyyy easier to play with and easy on your shoulder and elbow.
    - Ryuga have a more solid feel and vibration.TK-F have a lot less vibration due to free-core. The feeling is still very good on good smashes.

Victor categorized both Ryuga and TK-F as "Power" racket. But playing with TK-F for awhile felt more like "control-speed" racket that can generate good smashing power instead. TK-F is made for doubles so it's more swift and fast. While ryuga made solely for singles players, so it contain more power and weight.

I only play doubles (mixed and male) so my opinion might differ from singles players.

What I found out playing with both is. Ryuga is super good on the first 30 min of my session and after that my performance dropped since I don't have the stamina to play with the racket at 100% anymore so I didn't pick the racket up. TK-F gave me a more steady performance in a 2 hrs session.

To conclude,
    Smash Power: Ryuga
    Net drop: Ryuga
    Rear court drop shots: Ryuga
    Deception: TK-F
    Drives: TK-F
    Ease of Play (Clears) : TK-F
    Speed: TK-F
    Defense: TK-F

Dunno if this will help you but both racket are good in their own ways

Schultzier, Eskie and Gibbs like this.
  3. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

This is probably the most in-depth review I’ve found anywhere online, thanks a lot. I heard that the Ryuga was a bit exhausting from others too but I didn’t figure it would be this bad.

4. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

My playstyle is fast-paced mainly drives and smashes. So my usage should be more exhausting on your shoulder and elbow than singles where you don't typically jump smash and flat drives. But yea, this depends on how physically strong the player is. One of my friends used Ryuga 4U and 5U and never complained about injuries or stamina problem

Gibbs likes this.