the sky is falling!!!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by silentheart, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Your post is fair, FEND. Unfortunately, it isn’t that simple. Are there Jews who do things politically I don’t like? Yes. Are there Jews who do things politically I’m not sure whether I like? Yes. Is there an Israeli lobby? Yes. But the problem is, i had never encounter such jews in reality. I don’t see why the hatred should be overwhelming. But again, people living in other countries, like me, who have not been endured the hardship, might have not feel the pain.

The Americans said,
    "We need a President Of the United States, not a President of the world. Let's focus on America". Fair enough.

However, you can’t just back off over something you’ve started, America. In order to “spread democracy," "build nations," "waging peace," "stopping aggression," "enforcing human rights”, you’ve done a lot.
    Any nation that allows a criminal chief executive to use its military power to slaughter civilians in unprovoked and legally unauthorized attacks for his own personal political purposes can expect whatever the "terrorists" dish out to it. This may sound unpleasant, bitter. But an act speak for itself.

The war they’ve started had actually come home in 2001. Mainly, what most Americans wanted to do was to blow the hell out of somebody or something. Simply understandable. But how they should wage the war, how they could win it, or what would constitute victory? Nothing is clear.

The "Jihad Revelations," quote and Iranian leader Rafsanjani's similar words - The fact that they are willing to sacrifice millions of their own people in order to achieve the desired Second Holocaust does not make them less evil than the Nazis.
    If anything, it makes them morally worse. So far, I see no solution.

It is not official job of Obama to unite the world, but as he’d promised to i.e -in his 27-minute speech at the gold-topped Victory Column which was interrupted by applause at least 30 times, with occasional audience chants of “O-ba-MA!” , Bear It.
    *I didn’t see anything to entitle him a Nobel Peace award.*
    But, I am a Malaysian who barely cares for a U.S president's productivity. All i care is the peace of the world. The right word is i am concern.

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Ah well, its only so much we can do. And one more thing.. USD$$$ PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP DEPRECIATING.

Thank you.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

i did not read subsequent posts after this one so i wont make comment on your particular point. I would say these. This time, no news does not mean good news. The other adversary leaders are just pausing end evaluating what kind of a man BO really is, meanwhile re-supplying their inventory of arms and licking their wounds after years of fighting with the US. Yes, the US does pick and choose its place and time to 'express' their concern. What u say US shouldn't use force to resolve their differences but yet there are many injustice locales that are begging for the US to intervene. It is easy to whine and complain from the bottom i guess.

case in point, wasn't the US that helped (train and supply) the afgans to fight off the russian aggression? the result is certain muslim extremists (taliban) got the training and know how from the US and now bite back the hand that freed them from russian invasion. Why didn't the muslim declined this US intervention??

#1403 cooler, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Adding another 1.75 cents..

- About the Palestinian-Israel conflict, all i can say is it goes both ways.

- It's not easy for Israel & its people also. Even when they appease and yield to their enemies, they get attack.
    Should all of them just leave Israel and give the land back to the Palestinians?..

- Like i already mentioned, this whole issue revolves around Israel and how many nations hated them and the fact that they want to wipe Israel off the map (not just the Arabs). Just take a look at the Holocaust. Clearly the Palestinian Arabs and their allies, all of whom probably wish that the gas chambers of Nazi Germany had been big enough to fit all the Jews worldwide, are to blame for the endless violence. The Israel-Arab conflict isn't so much about faux outrage over borders or supposed anger over refugees. The Arabs aren't so much concerned about an independent Palestinian Arab state -- after all, they've been spending billions on rockets instead of working toilets. When Israel handed over the Gaza Strip, including beautiful Jewish-built greenhouses, the Palestinian Arabs promptly razed the greenhouses and elected Hamas. The Arabs are concerned about killing Jews.
    So, the question is, what positive things have the Palestinians do to promote peace?..:confused:

Anyway, I'll give a brief general synopsis on the history to this I-P conflict, incl. the Israel people's plight:
    Long time ago, the Israel folks originated in Ur. Then their God (Yahweh) chose Abraham and gave him a dream/vision that one day His people will mutiply and they'll be given a land of their own. Basically Israel, no matter how arrogant & stubborn they are, became God's people out of so many nations. Fast forward, after Abraham and his descendants (incl. Jacob) led the Israel out of Ur they wandered in the desert. Fast forward, they ended up in Egypt, through Joseph and the famine that enveloped the rest of the world.
    Jacob and the Israelites then moved to Egypt and settled there.
    They were led out of Egypt but then spent many yrs wandering in the desert.
    However, during their time of wandering in the desert, they were given a clearer promise of the Promised Land (by their God). They entered the Promised Land, which is the present land they are residing in, led by Joshua.
    Fast forward, the Israelites lived in that land but they were invaded many times (by many kingdoms and empires) and the Israelites scattered throughout.
    Fast forward again, then the Romans came and conquered Israel. A lot of the Israelites scattered and even went & settled down in Europe (the Holocaust) & Russia.

Now, going back to the Palestinian-Israel conflict. Here's where things get interesting. The land that the Israelites are residing now was actually already occupied by the Palestinians. But in 1948, the Brits gave the land back to Israel, under the agreement with the UN. One of the main reasons why they did so is because the UK believe in the Bible and in the Judeo-Christian tradition that the land of Israel is the Promised Land given by the Jews' God. Of course, the U.S. followed suit & supported Israel's new land as they hold the same Judeo-Christian tradition.
    This is the central believe that's the driving force behind the current I-P conflict.

Thus now, you all see the bitter dispute between the Palestinians and the Israel people. It propagates w/ the sentiments and hatred of the Arab world vs. the U.S. and the western nations. The Arabs/muslim world are pro Palestinian. Whilst the western, esp. the UK & US are pro Israel simply based on their belief in the Jews' God and tradition.

- In regards to the U.S. lacking of promoting freedom and democracy, just take a look at their role in Iraq. Tell me if they're not trying to promote democracy and freedom? Yet, it's the people themselves and the insurgents who are struggling to achieve that.

A lot of folks will argue that the Iraq invasion was an unjust war, a lot of innocent folks are killed etc. but i'd say, time will tell. I know Iraq is mentioned as one of the end times location in the prophecy.
    - Yes, one has to understand the history of the current Israel-Palestinian conflict. And i think, one has to actually live in Israel or in Palestinian land to understand what's going on.

- Yep. But apparently, what we're seeing is a current President trying to appease the rest of the world by thumbing down on America's role. He thinks by saying sorry and apologizing to the rest of the world, it will tone down the conflict. Naive, as we've seen it before it won't work.

- As for the Iraq war, many arguments will come. But i'd say, we can only judge and see the result in the future.

- Please tell us what "war did the U.S. start before 2001"? Tell us what the Americans wanted to blow the hell out of somebody or something??.
    The only 2 major wars i can see where the U.S. tried to get involved in were the Vietnam War & the subsequent mini war against Iraq in Kuwait (1991).
    Prior to those, they were involved in the Korean War, WWII (Europe and Asia), WWI. And i'm sure you guys know what were the results.

- I don't think there will be any peace in the world until the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. All presidents or countries or groups will try to bring peace to the world, but all will fail.
    As i mentioned, people will look to the U.S. as the North Pole. As long as it's not W (Prez Bush) and his pro Israeli stance, the rest of the world will respect America. Clinton tried to resolve the I-P conflict but met with great disagreement from Olmurt. Now, Prez. BO is going roughly the same route as Clinton by trying to undermine Israel. He is considered as the Santa Claus, simply by yapping off his teleprompter, who will bring world peace. Promise is simply a promise without any result. I'd say dream on.

Again, read the Bible if anyone wants to know abt the history of Israel, how we end up here and the end of the world. I'd say the Jews' God is more powerful than any nations (incl. the U.S.) and He will always side and defend Israel, His people, no matter how small, scattered they are.
    In any rate, we can only watch & follow as the history of the world is a done deal. It's already been prophecized.

#1404 ctjcad, Oct 14, 2009
  5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Please don't bring religion into the discussion.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Dear Master Pete..^^

..that's the reality...If one wants to understand the current I-P conflict.

#1406 ctjcad, Oct 14, 2009
  7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Dow 10,000.... yeehaaahhh.... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.