the most beautiful thing.

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by kwun, Jul 26, 2005.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-Concur..

..with both kwun's & DinkAlot's responses...Re if the "illegal" parents are "caught", they will either be brought and processed/get recorded in the local immigration office and pay some fees/fines or, worst come to worst, will be sent back to where they came from..
    Loh, i understand your inquiry(and your 2nd paragraph), cos as of right now, there is a "big" debate over the issue of illegal immigrants that are crossing and coming over the U.S. soil-and it's becoming one of the political main agenda for next yr's U.S. Presidential election...:p
    anyways, that's a differerent topic altogether..(sorry kwun & Brandon for veering a bit off topic on your thread)..:p ;)

#221 ctjcad, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thanks my friend. ;)

Are there prohibitions to pregnant mothers visiting the US, especially for those carrying a baby at least 7 months' young? There may be special circumstances why such mothers need to visit the US, eg to attend the wedding of a close relative or friend.

The implication in this is that some such mothers can take advantage of lax laws and have their babies delivered in the US through induced births. :rolleyes:

Even for pregnant mothers whose baby is barely 6 months there could be a premature birth and I think the recent record is that of a baby barely 24 weeks' old which survived!

Wonder whether there are also restrictions from the airlines apart from some governments. :D

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i don't think there is such a rule.

but the economy takes care of it. the US medical system is so ridiculously expensive, foreign uninsured mothers be prepared to pay upwards of US$20,000 in medical bills for delivering a baby here.

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I have my cab20 (CN) waiting for him once he's ready to "properly use" the racket.

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Should change the Thread to The most Beautiful Child or Handsome Child. He is not a thing anymore.

6. BLang

BLang Regular Member

Student
    AWWW!!!! Congrats! He is sooo cute ^_^

7. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

yes he is, in certain context...
    the most beautiful thing is his child.
    brandon is not a thing, but brandon is a child.
    and "a child" on it's own is a thing!

kwun, is there any indication as to whether brandon is right or left handed? i've noticed most of the objects he holds are in his left hand!

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I don't think that is what the law says. In practice the lawyers may get around this hurdle. The Constitution is very clear that children born in the US of parents who are under the jurisdiction of the US are entitled to citizenship. The test is jurisdiction and the test the courts have cited is that the parents must be duty bound to serve in an American jury if called upon. A visitor from Nigeria giving birth to a child in the US has no business to be serving in an American jury because she will never be called on to do so and is therefore legally not entitled to US citizenship. But with so many lawyers in the US most people can and do get around this problem.
    Also, unlike other countries the US does not always respect the visas that are issued by their embassies overseas. Visas to visit the US are "issued" at two checkpoints. The first one is the one their overseas embassies stamp on your passport. The second one is at the immigration checkpoin at the port of entry, which can rescind the official visa issued earlier by the overseas US embassy. This unfriendly attitude of the US Immigration services is so bad that the Tourism Board in the US have officially complained to the US government that the US Immigration treat all visitors and tourists to the US as terrorists and are harming the US tourism industry.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    You are right there. :) ehheh.. i think its enuff of all these immigration/citizenship stuffs.. we are out of topic. :)

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Here is a peep into the sporting prowess potential of your kids-ratio of the length of the ring and index fingers. If the tip of the index finger is at or below the lower bottom of the nail of the ring finger, you have a future 'champion'. If the index finger is equal to or shorter than the ring finger, just take comfort on why you don't move as fast as LIn Dan.:D

11. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    :d

havent come across this postings before. a little late but congratulations are in order. we celebrate life all the time right? and there will be so many things kwun will be proud and happy to see brandon achieve. may your dream for a badminton champion comes true. happy for you. he will be turning 2 in like four 3 months right? enjoy the best years to come kwun. :D

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    some recent pics of Brandon. do you think he is right handed, or left handed?

Attached Files:

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    at the present time, both:D

14. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    One strong dude (toddler) ;). Already pick up pronation. Too bad hand and fingers are big enough. In no time . . . :)

15. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    Um.............I think Brandon is right handed!

16. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

picture 1 - and this is how you do forehand drives!
    picture 2 - even my clears are unreturnable!!!!

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. been debating about the junior racket. should he use a junior racket, or should he start with a regular racket?

18. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Dink, I meant Brandon's hands aren't big enough. Brandon should start with a junior racquet with G5.5 :D.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it makes sense for the grip. but what about the racket length? is it better to use a shorter JR racket, and then have him re-adapt later on, or start off with the proper length to begin with?

maybe a way to do it is to find a cheapo 3U/4U racket and then shave off the grip to G5 / G6?

20. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    For technique purposes, I think using a standard racket is best.

But JR rackets are good as it is easier for the junior players to hit the shuttles, so they find it more fun. Juniors I coach get frustrated using Full length rackets and missing hte shuttle lots of times.