The Finals of the Indonesian Open are known

Discussion in 'Singapore / Indonesia / Malaysia Open 2003' started by Zax, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    Men Singles: Hong CHEN vs. T.HIDAYAT
    (A match to look forward to. Chen Hong, the consistent and well-deserved world number 1 and the more emotional and unpredictable player Taufik who surely has a chance and will give his best in front of a home crowd)

Ladies singles:
    Chen WANG vs. X.XIE
    (This can be a close one, but I put my money on Xie)

Mix: ZHANG/GAO vs. KIM/RA
    (KIM/RA clearly favorites, also if you look at the semi-final results)

Ladies doubles: GAO/HUANG vs. YANG/ZHANG
    (GAO/HUANG looking strong too, so it'll be one gold and one silver smile for Gao in Indonesia probably)

Men doubles: TEERAWIWATANA/PANVISVAS vs. YANG SANG/BO ZHENG
    (Maybe Budiarto/Wijaya are reunited faster now as we thought, altough they formed new couples this must be disappointing for the Indonesians - to have noone in the final; the thai are now top seeds).

#1 Zax, Aug 30, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2003
  2. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    MS: I do not think Chen Hong should just "take it easy" because of small chance to win etc... Just try hard, he's been doing really well recently, beating Hafiz and now Lee HI quite convincingly whom he lost to in Eindhoven. If he's made it this far, he shouldn't just let it slip away without a good fight.

WS: Both of my picks didn't make it!:D Of the two, Xie looks to be the stronger.

MD: The Thai pair are veterans and even won at China Open last year. However, we know who I'm going for!:D Also, I don't think I've ever seen China take a MD title since I've been following international badminton (~3 years). Many times close ones in finals but still no cigar. I think Sang/Zheng can pull it off this time as long as Sang's injury is not reactivated.

Poor Indo MD pairs must be getting lashing from team now!:(

WD: Although Zhang/Yang won in S'pore, I don't think they can do it this time around. Just look at Gao/Huang's results thus far. Is IBF going to reprimand the former pair again if they lose???:eek: :eek:

XD:3rd straight meeting between the two in such a short period. The odds are heavily favored for Koreans, but just like everytime, I've got my fingers crossed for that something special to happen.

3. Kaffie

Kaffie Regular Member

self-employed
    XD result

ZHANG/GAO vs. KIM/RA
    15-10 | 11-15 | 6-15

Kim/Ra won.