Thailand Open pics!

Discussion in 'Macau Open / Thailand Open 2006' started by magical_phoenix, Jul 27, 2006.

1. anfan2000

anfan2000 Regular Member

PROGRAMMER
  2. event

event Regular Member

She is 21. For more info and photos, see this thread.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Men's Single (s)

I was a little disappointed that the organizers let the wrong spelling of the Singles events to go uncorrected in the full glare of the mass media, especially the TV.

Although it is not uncommon to see the word singles spelt without the letter 's' in not a few discussions, it is embarassing that the error should be seen by so many over the TV. They should be:

Women's Singles
    Men's Singles

even though only one player is playing against another.

Also in doubles, it should be spelt in the plural with an "s":

Mixed Doubles
    Men's Doubles
    Women's Doubles

Note that the apostrophe "s" after both the words, men and women. :D

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You're crying for which one, Denmark or China? Were you in Beijing or Shanghai or your native province? ;)

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Loh, you also know everything hehehe... I was in Beijing AND Shanghai AND Fujian... :D Crying cuz I miss CHINA very much already... sigh...

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Post #15

The versatility of Chen Yu can be seen in the above picture on how he is holding his racket in the most unorthodox way in playing a delicate net shot.

Maybe Gollum should include this 'reversed panhold' (?) grip in his collection/archive. :)

Sorry the pic did not turn up, but it was posted by cooler (#15), second pic.

#26 Loh, Jul 31, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wow, so you've gone to Beijing to look up Kemana as well? Maybe Magical Phoenix too and Chen Jin in training? But did you visit some of the Olympic sites and how's the air there? Need more cleaning-up before the big occasion in 2008? And the spoken English or is it more American-accented English - how are they getting on?

But I think you'll find life quite different in Fujian. Your relatives are much more personable and warm. Life may be less hectic compared with both Beijing and Shanghai. Did they communicate with you in Fujian-hua? When was the last time you visited?

I haven't been to Fujian though coz I'm a Cantonese and Shanghai was last seen by me many years ago. So you're a very lucky lady! :)

Ya, post some pics of your visit!

#27 Loh, Jul 31, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    "My American Grandson"

This is a little off-topic, but related to Yannie's recent visit to China in some ways.

I was watching a DVD entitled "My American Grandson" spoken in Cantonese dialogue with English subtitles and the synopsis is:

"A 60-year-old retired teacher in Shanghai promises to look after his 12-year-old American-born grandson who comes to visit him for a short period.

They experience the clash of cultures and the inevitable generation gap when getting along but finally all these problems are being solved.

This film also brings out the national and cultural differences between America and China."

I wonder whether Yannie experienced any clash of cultures and how she dealt with it? ;)

9. KritsanaiY

KritsanaiY Regular Member

Lee Yong Dae and me

I would like to show you guys a picture of my favourite badminton player,
    Lee Yong Dae.:D Unfortunately, I cannot post the cute picture. Would you mind to give me helping hands of how I will post the picture?

He is very cute and nice guy, so let's give a cheer to Lee Yong Dae who will be the best badminton player. :p

LEE Yong Dae. Let's Go Fighting!!!!!!

Tx
    KuDanKanda :]

10. yannie

yannie Regular Member

No, planning to visit the baddy players next time I go to China, didn't stay a long time in Beijing. Actually just from 11 am till 10 pm at Beijing Capital International Airport. Due to a flight delay and some other reasons I did not meet Serla! This really sucks. Uhm, since I just stayed at the airport, there's many big Beijing Olympic Games 2008 posters and Yao Ming/Liu Xiang are everywhere... There's a Olympic Games shop... You can check what they sell on their official website. Dunno really about their English, but I believe they still need to improve hehehe... :D There was this Mexican girl at the airport, who wanted to by a phone card, but none of the sellers understood what she was talking about... :confused: Faint...

No no, my family and relatives spoke with me in mandarin... But they often speak Fuzhou hua with each other, I can understand, but can't speak well. Last time was last year... Fuzhou is becoming more caotic :( Still not-so-clean.

Erm... About pics, dunno where to post, cuz this is off-topic already. :eek:

11. seawell

seawell Regular Member