Team Indonesia in the European circuit

Discussion in 'Denmark Open / Dutch Open 2006' started by badMania, Oct 19, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well..it's a surprise to me that PBSI has decided to send it's 2nd team (plus a number of first teamers) to the 3 tournaments in Europe: Bitburger Luxembourg Open (2*), Denmark Open (5*) and Big-Boss Dutch Open (2*).

So, here's the participants from Pelatnas:
    First Team (only 5* Denmark Open):
    MS: Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    WS: Fransisca Ratnasari
    WD: Jo Novita/Gresya Polii
    XD: Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir and Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa

Second Team:
    MS: Tommy Sugiarto (Bitburgerand probably Dutch)
    MD: Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi (possibly all 3) -- yes...they are finally sent!!
    WS: Adrianti Firdasari and Maria Kristin Yulianti (possibly all 3)
    WD: Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nur Sugianti (possibly all 3)
    XD: Devin Lahardi/Yunita Tetty (possibly all 3), and Hendra A. Gunawan/Endang Nur Sugianti (Bitburger and possibly Dutch)

Non-Pelatnas:
    MD: Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian (possibly all 3)

Other good news: Livescore is back..with the Dutch Open using the tournamentsoftware.com while the Bitburger Open also featuring live score stream. As for the Denmark Open, results should be updated quite regularly.

Overall, the organizations of the European circuit are really much better than the 5-6* Asian circuits like Korea, Japan, HK and China Opens!

2. peace

peace Regular Member

Thanks for the info, Badmania.
    But I heard that Flandy/Vita will also be sent to Dutch open 2006.
    Could you confirm this?
    How about the WD : Lita Nurlita/Nathalia Poulakan

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Flandy/Vita could be sent to Dutch Open 2006 too...because it's likely that Richard wants them to have more competition time as the Asian Games is looming near. Too bad, they have a bad draw in the Denmark Open, up against the current World Champion Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms right away in the first round :mad:

4. chemile

chemile Regular Member

I think it is not too bad, since Flandy/Vita need real test after XD champ at J.O. They have beaten Thai, Chinese, and Indonesian pairs, also 2nd England pairs. If they can beat Robertson/Emms, Flandy/Vita can be compete in Super Series 2007, and prove that the champion at J.O was not accidentally :)

In Luxembourg, if Hendra A.G/Joko can beat Hendra/Hendry (SIN), I think they can get MD title. Bad draw for Firda in WS, because will meet Xu Huaiwen in 2nd round. It is good achievement if Firda can beat Xu. The opportunity also from Rani/Endang in WD. If they can beat Chinese young pair, probably they can go through final and meet Singaporean pair. I saw them at Philipines Open, and they were not bad. Good luck Indonesian!!

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Not so easy though for Hendra/Joko to win their first GP title after that near miss in Phil Open this year. There's still Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian; Michael Logosz/Robert Mateusiak; Kristoff Hopp/Ingo Kindervater....all of which are capable of beating the Pelatnas pair.

As for Rani/Endang, I don't expect them to beat Pan Pan/Tian Qing.

6. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    Not interested in these second Class Ina Players. How about Tony/Chandra?

7. johnps

johnps Regular Member

Well ricksakit,

Most of the top players started their career as your so-called "second class" players playing in the lower-grade tournaments to hone their skills and show-case their talent.

The participants and organisers of such tournaments also deserve our encouragement and support.