TC/UC 2008 - May 16 - Thomas Cup Semifinal - Day 6

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by Qidong, May 14, 2008.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Your fave MD pair..^^

...has its work cut out for the coming Olympics..:) ;)..
    *I, too, was knocked out (didn't follow the rest of the matches), just like the INA TC team.....:)

#2181 ctjcad, May 16, 2008
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's okay....they played badly only in the third set and could have won it if Hendra kept his unforced errors down in the first set.

Disappointed yes...but it's not the end of the world. They still have plenty to work on anyway.

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Who do you have in mind to replace KKK/TBH? I am more than happy to listen.

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The different is now Chen Jin no longer available(or less effective) in the Final against the Korean, and Korean MD2 and MS3 also well rested. You take whatever way to enhance your chance of winning, nothing wrong with that.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

He means Fuzzy pair - Zakry/Fairuz. They're in top 16
    Remember Rexy was pissed off after Swiss Open & threaten not to send KKK/TBH for OG?

6. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Is the decision Rexy has to deal with, if he think Zakry/Fairuz has better chance then go for it but be prepare when backfire. I think our 3 MDs are very solid, have almost equal potential winning the title in Olympic.

7. eaglehelang

I understand you all pissed off KKK/TBH lost the match, thus Msia lost to China. Fuzzy pair like I said in the other thread, are still Fuzzy at times - they havent won any titles yet, at 25 y.o. We shall see.

Sending them to such an important tourney as OG, is risky, Rexy will be taking a gamble, like Han said, it may backfire - has happened to Fuzzy bf. ie. WC 2007, Taiwan 2007, HK 2007. Rexy has till July to decide.

If KKK/TBH go & fail, it'll be their own fault. If Fuzzy go & fail, it'll be Rexy's fault for sending unproven pair. Anyway, we say also no point, maybe in the end will be KKK/TBH & Fuzzy go, no need to argue.

#2187 eaglehelang, May 16, 2008
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  8. reiko80

reiko80 Regular Member

tecnician
    hoorrrraaaaaayyyyyyyyyy doto'..................................:D:D:D

9. reiko80

reiko80 Regular Member

tecnician
    seems like kkk/tbh not improve well.................:D:D:D

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nope...their plays are under other country double coach microscope...

11. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    RISKY is better than NO HOPE!!:D:D

12. eaglehelang

Ha ha, Dato, easy for you & me to say, we not the coach, job not on the line.

Got hope, got hope.
    Risky means Fuzzy got their syndrome & choke like WC 2007. To me, Fuzzy are ok only, but not lethal enuf, even at their best. KKK/TBH at 90% of their best can be lethal. Anyway, whichever pair Rexy chooses, will still cheer for them during OG.

Like I said, maybe end up KKK/TBH & FUzzy are the ones have to go, if uncles sick or injured (like today), so then no need to discuss

13. narnia

narnia Regular Member

They just wanted to defeat all the strong teams!!!
    :D

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I am SOOO dejected right now! If all INA need to do is get a 0-3 score, next time let me, Hau-ge, badMania, and ctjcad play instead of the national team!!!! :p Just kidding... ;) KOR was awesome. All the INA fans knew it coming into the matchup... :eek: I told my friends that we might actually loose 0-3 tonight, but most didn't believe me. unfortunately I was right this time... :crying:

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

MAS fans should drop their knee jerk reactions calling for banishment of a player/pair/coach every time he/she doesn't win. In this case KKK/TBH were, admittedly, off colour, but did you see the way Fu/Cai played? They played smart, strategic badminton that neutralized the MAS pair. Today, they would have beaten anyone MAS threw at them.

MAS still has a couple of months to tinker with their pairs before the OG. You guys might be singing another tune if one of them does bring back a medal.

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I already knew KOR were strong. They handled INA with supreme confidence and displayed remarkable mental strength to block out the crowd. IN MD1, most pairs would have melted away after the Markis/Hendra comeback in game 2, but not our precocious LYD and partner JJS. They took it to another level as instead, it was the INA duo that wilted. Too much home pressure maybe? After that even local hero Taufik would not hold back the Korean tsunami.

The final with CHN points to a close affair. If MAS could push CHN to the limit, KOR could well win it.

17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    yES. Its easy for us to say this and that.

When mas team tied up with chn 2:2, we already know we'll lose. And Hafiz is going to play the deciding game. Why BAM / YKH still send Hafiz to play? Why dont send Arif to play? Bcos of Arif didnt win any title before, or he is still young and inexperienced? Or they still hoping miracles will happen?

If Rexy still send KKK/TBH instead of The Fuzzy, things r going to be as same as let Hafiz to play the deciding game against CHN yesterday.

iF KKK/TBH plays 2nd MD, they might win over the CHN PAIR. But XZB/GZD is not in the same class with them. They r in the same class win FHF/CY, the potential opponent in OG.

Send the best player to OG, thats for sure.

Anyway, i will support what Rexy decide without any prejudice.:D:D

p/s: Wait another four years? Fairuz will be 29y/o (correct me if i m wrong).

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    May your wish come true...

Harry Potter is coming to badmintoncentral...:D:D

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I can only wish MAS and BAM the best of luck in finding a constructive solution to their dilemma.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..the KOR squad's tactic, in trying to reach the Final, is reasonable & they have the right to do so. No complain from me. And maybe the KOR squad took the risk of having one of the above scenarios occurring.
    In all, I just feel that what had happened this past week is just silly>>> i guess the fingers should be pointed to IBF/BWF who had more than 10 yrs to change the system.:p
    ..they didn't play the MAS in the Elimination Round (if one considers MAS as a "strong team"). Even lost to them in the Group play..;)