TC/UC 2008 - May 15 - Uber Cup Semi Final - Day 5

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by fantastic4, May 14, 2008.

1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

They are slow now... and cannot keep attacking. Otherwise there is no way Lee/Lee can win. :cool:

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

IMHO, Vita/Butet have the most problem beating Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen. I don't know why....the last time I watched them in the BAC 2008, they struggled big time against the veteran pair. The INA pair kept attacking, with the CHN pair contented to just defending and waiting for the INA pair to make the error by returning wide or to the net (which they mostly did). The INA pair ended up losing the first set easily. The second set was much better in terms of scoreline, but, yet again, the INA pair was too easily tempted to make unforced errors from their attacking play (which often was not successful at all!).

They should force Yang/Zhang to play more at the net, and tire the veterans out with the placement shots. Butet should play in front, instead of at the back because Vita has the tendency to make lots of errors to the net (similar to Lee Hyo Jung :eek::eek:). Butet's experience in playing against Gao Ling or Zhang Yawen in the XD should help her.

The key will be to play smartly, not all-out attack.

3. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

Going by what I saw from both pairs and their loop-sided previous meeting, Marissa and Natsir have no chance beating YW/ZJW. I'd be glad to be proven wrong tho'.

4. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

I think Novita/Polii might be able to win against WYL/ZYW though because Greysia is playing really well this week.

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    China team is still the favourite. Am sure there's lots of emotions into this.

6. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Can't agree more. Vita/Butet haven't been able to force rubber whenever playing Zhang/Yang.... but they have been able to stretch (and beat) other Chinese WD pair.
    Unfortunately for us, as WD1 they'll probably be force to play Zhang/Yang.

Maybe, LYB will see today's lost as reason not to field Zhang/Yang??

7. copadh

copadh Regular Member

...I think I saw Jang Soo-young with Korean team in Glasgow last year. She was assisgned to record every Korean opponent's game with handycam. She sat next to me when Indonesia met Denmark....

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    For the 1st time since 1998, INA women are back in the Uber Cup finals!

The INA team were laughing and celebrating like crazy with the crowd today! I guess if INA don't celebrate now, we won't have the opportunity to celebrate on Saturday [after against CHN]... he he he...

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

On the TV, they celebrated like they have won the Cup :eek::eek:
    But, they totally deserved the applause and accolade :D

Now, we can view the match against CHN as a bonus match with nothing to lose and everything to play for.

I thought Pia and Firda might have a chance against the more talented but unstable Zhu Lin and Lu Lan.

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Exactly what I thought! :p :D I had so much fun today. Greysia Polii especially was ecstatic! :cool:

With a 5% chance of winning against CHN on Saturday, we better celebrate today!!!! :D Tonigh is surely a BIG achievent for the #6 ranked team in the world... :D

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

In BAC 2008 both Vita and Butet had "big jobs" to do in XD. My impression is that they didn't put in 100% effort in the WD match. :cool:

Yes the key is to move Yang/Zhang around and tire them up.

12. copadh

copadh Regular Member

His name is Jason Kurfurst, physical trainer from Australia. Indonesian Olympic Committee (KOI) hired him and his three friends to help Indonesian athletes in Olympic Training Center.

13. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

Watching the Korean WD play, their defense has improved immensely. Their style of play is very similar to LYD/JJS & LJJ/HJM, where they do their best to get the shuttle back and frustrate their opponents into an error or an out of position lift. And they don't defend like CHN where they just lift everything back, they block to open spaces and drive things back which gives them more options. That's why Ha/Kim were able to come so close to winning their first game against Wei/Zhang despite the CHN girls being way better overall.

As an aside, I wonder what would happen if China messed their WD line-up. I bet GL/YW would murder any team out their.

#833 sumbadder, May 15, 2008
    Last edited: May 15, 2008
  14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yeah, they celebrate like juz they had won the uber cup!!!:D

15. girindra

girindra New Member

Hi guys, im new at BC, but have been watching here almost a year :p

I saw UC SF between INA and GER live at Senayan (at Class 1, Door A4 to be exact).

IMHO, it was an entertaining match actually, with a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium. I love Indonesians when they supporting their team, but a lil bit disappointed when a bunch of local supporters threw away Germany flag. As an Indonesian, i feel a lil bit pity.

But, instead all of that, a fantastic performance from Indonesians, both players and supporters. Too bad can't see TC today and UC final againts China tomorrow. Have to work at festival at Ancol :(. But hope to be back on Sunday for TC final :)

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hi there, welcome to bc forum:)

17. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Exercise your right, CALL IN SICK :D