Taufik's Influence on the Thomas Cup Team

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by Angelou, May 18, 2008.

1. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

During the Thomas Cup, I've noticed that Taufik did not do well at all. In fact, he hasn't been doing well in his past few tournaments. With his history of "only trying when it counts" and self righteous acts (ie. protest to the INA badminton association and the HK incident), I really feel that this influences the mentality of the Indonesian team. I remember reading an article on the forum about Lee Yong Bo talking about team spirit. And if Taufik lacks this team spirit, should he really be on the TC team then? And what about the future of Indonesia's Men's Singles? If success breeds success, then Taufik is certainly not fulfilling this equation as he isn't inspiring this team mates nor is he striving for success (at least in the recent tournaments). With this sort of influence, I feel that the future of Indonesia' Mens Singles will be in for a bit of downtime before another super star comes along.

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

SDK has since stepped up though.

3. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I saw him sitting in a corner alone after losing to LeeHI. He was very dejected and weeping. I did talk to him and I knew how he felt. During their group-meeting-session after the lost, he had few words for the officials, coaches and teamates. Obviously, he was upset.

During the press conference, he was hoping to step down... I think he has great attitude and tried his best... so, lets move on...

4. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Agreed. And LHI isn't like North Korea #1 and he is capable in beating any top player in the world.

And beside team spirit, I honestly think TH has passed his prime time. :(

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

TH tried hard

Just watched INA vs. ENG. A bit surprised to see how hard TH tried. :eek: It seems he indeed cared this time (for the first time after 2000 TC).

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    TH needed some serious training if he wants to be around for a year or two.....discipline and serious attitudes are needed...even top players like LD, LCW and etc need some serious training....recently he helped his father in law campaining ..

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

That's understandable isn't it. Whoever married the daughter of a powerful politician has to do that, especially a popular person like TH who can attract many votes. ;)

On the other hand, there are only 3 months left before Olympics. I highly doubt in OG08 he can be better than he was during AG2006.

8. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Taufik is like David Beckham, bigger than life :eek: He is definitely the super star of the INA team but he has passed his prime... I'm 100% sure about that :rolleyes:

9. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    indeed he is vulnerable nowadays...cant blame him...he`s won almost all cups n championships there r to be won....mind willing but body has set in with his age. With ol`injury nagging here n there his focus n desire shall surely affected..:(