Taufik will not play in ABC

Discussion in 'Asian Badminton Championship 2006' started by indra, Mar 21, 2006.

1. indra

indra Regular Member

PBSI has decided not to send Taufik to Malaysia for Asian Championship due to his waist injury.

I guess the main reason for not sending him to the AC is because China will not send its top players...:)

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

In that case, Team Indonesia can just forget about winning the Thomas Cup. I don't think he's even interested in playing with the 21-points system. With lack of match practice (PRACTICALLY NONE!), he's no match to other top players whom he will bump into in the later rounds. Even Lee Hyun Il will have a high chance of beating him when Indonesia plays Korea in the group stage.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Is Sony playing?

4. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT

What, do you mean even.....Lee Hyun Il is a good player... hero of Sudirman Cup Eindhoven, Holland, in 2003. Not forgeting he is currently ranked number 3!

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    it's psywar.. people will think that taufik is weak.. it's easy to beat taufik in 21-points system..

it will confuse the taufik's opponent.. is he a weak taufik or superb taufik ?

i'm sure taufik will give his best in the tc final in tokyo japan:D

6. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    This is crazy, I am starting to think that for some reason there is a tactic/strategy behind all this and that Taufik is not actually injured. Either PBSI is not willing to send him for whatever reason or Taufik is just not interested in playing. Let's say it is true that he is injured, then he is one of the most injury-prone player in any sport that I know. Even from a medical point of view, if he is so injury-prone, then he should take good care of himself and learn from his teammates who are less so. Surely any athlete who injures himself so often would learn more about his own body and take steps to ensure that it doesn't happen as much?