Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Oh yes. Thanks for the correction.

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hmm.. this thread is becoming really boring with too many expert chefs. You are all correct and/or have been grossly misunderstood by each other, lets agree to disagree and move on. Then again, do any of us really need the validation that we have speculated correctly and ours is the best and only explanation for TH/LD's performance/achievements? Such event is not even close to "The Big Bang"??

For a fact, yes, Taufik is growing older and younger players have already surpassed him. But like what Taufik said, and as confirmed by LD, he is around to just enjoy badminton. He's happy to play and give his best (which obviously fluctuates depending on many factors).

His best may not be up to mediocre for LD or LCW (or any top CHN MS) but so what? He may have mixed results (not winning any SS till FO2010, but yet is OG2004/WC2005 champion), does not have as many medals (whether they count) as LD or LCW but so what? For fans, we just like to watch him work his magic and hope (with a long neck) that he occasionally get that lucky break (or whatever you call that).

But seriously, so what if your hero than mine? Let it go and stop these petty arguments.

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes you are right

we all can have our fans and opinions

to me taufik is still a genius in court

win or loss i really enjoy his performance

and he deserves all the respects

so grow up lads, if anyone thinks taufik is history please leave

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hi Yop...knowing LD undie size...err...means not only the biggest fan but the mother of all fans....ouuuiii, that's intimate stuff mate:D:p

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I just watched TH play the Taipei player...TH certainly is back. TH stamina has vastly improved and with no pressure, TH could surprise a lot of people. But I am also thinking TH seems to be playing a controlled pace and if he plays LD, CJ or LCW and they up the pace and speed of the game, how would TH respond.

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    TH will just play his best laaah.... Whatever the result shall be, he is playing in his 3rd (some actually said this is his 4th) Asian Games, won the last 2 Asian Games MS golds, nobody can take that away from him... :D

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I don't know TH will get tired or not. What I said is basically "TH looks tired to me in DO final, but looks fresher in FO final". Similar to you, I make this conclusion based on his court movement. Then I use the big difference in his opponents to explain my observation. Got it?

Of course I am fresher on Sunday. Because Friday night I am usually drained mentally after a week's hard work. In particular, if I work very hard on Friday, I totally suck on Friday nights.

So TH "looks tired" to you in WC. But how come? In 2009 WC CJ is the very first strong opponent he met. How can TH not be "tired" after beating Tago and DPY in hard games, but was "tired" after easily beating HYH, who is almost as old as TH himself, and plays a style that does not cost TH much energy? And yes I think he lost his motivation to fight, in both the 2nd half of WC09 and JO06.

Considering the big difference between JOJ's level and LD/CJ's, I would say if TH can get 6 pts from a CJ who is in best form, getting 19 pts from JOJ is not surprising at all.

Finally, look at LHI vs CJ today. If CJ is more motivated, LHI definitely will get single digit in the 2nd game. Is LHI tired from playing one or two nobodies in the past two days?

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Well, TH can up his pace too, right... :)

If TH can beat PSH easily and NTM can drag LD into a long fight, the SF may be interesting...

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Like i already mentioned, I recall TH's court movement in this yr's DO MS Final as fine. He was still running and retrieving the shuttles til well late in the 2nd game. If you want to refer to him making mistakes/errors because he was tired, JOJ was also doing the same. To me, i don't consider TH as tired as the reason he lost to JOJ. Yes, his opponents were the diference in your perception of him having a tougher time in DO and relatively easier time in FO, just like i already mentioned as a factor.
    - You sure you're fresher on a Sunday? Maybe cos you don't have to go all out on Friday? How about this, go play all out on a Friday night and come play again on the Sunday. Or if you feel tired on Friday cos of work, don't play Friday and Saturday but play all out on Sunday. Then come back and play on a Monday or Tuesday night and tell me which day you feel fresher.
    - To me, besides the scoreboard, i see TH's court movement and body language, in his match vs. CJ in last yr's WC, as a sign of him being tired (as part of the reason he lost his motivation). As for TH's not being tired in this yr's DO after he faced Tago and DPY, have you read the other members mentioning TH's fitness seems to improve this yr. That he can last longer rallies...hmmm..Even recently, in this yr's WC Final vs. CJ, TH was able to score double digits in both games..
    - As for the "the big difference between JOJ's level and LD/CJ's", my friend, as i already mentioned before, TH nearly forced LD to a rubber game in this yr's AG Men's team event. Just consider your TH's fitness/stamina is better this yr..
    - As for the CJ vs. LHI comparison, all i'll mention is i can't judge much abt LHI's fitness condition (or whether CJ was more/less motivated). All i know is, LHI hasn't been competing much this yr, just on and off. So, my guess is, it could be his form or just less fit. And partly, CJ was overall in better form and fitter.
    ..whatever the result, TH's fitness will be tested against PSH..

#709 ctjcad, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 Asian Games: Hope that Taufik Hidayat can perform well at 2010 Asian Games

From what I have read and heard, Taufik's fitness is now at its best (talking about over the last 4 years).

Hope that Taufik can perform well at this 2010 Asian Games.

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Taufik has just lost to Park Sung Hwan in straight games 15-21; 16-21.

12. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    PSH looked very sharp in early rounds... TH gave it his all... but ran out of steam...

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I am officially in mourning. DND

14. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i think we all under estimated park

beating taufik in straight games isn't easy

must see the games, maybe tired after 3 straight tournaments

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Do you want to start this (tired after 3 straight tournaments) debate all over again with your maybe?

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i wasn't aware this statement needs a debate lol

maybe the only guy in my ignore list was debating on this,

i am not aware of that nor am i interested.

if needs to be debated,

somebody try with me and see how i response.lol

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Don't pick me...haha. I always evade...haha.
    Btw, who is on your ignore list? I am curios 'cos I have never use that function. I read all postings.

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i will give you a clue

for mentioning names sometimes can get you been sued,

if sue to kingdom come, can not post in bc.

you rememmber 'why the discussion was so long'?

anyway, really there is nothing to discuss if one looks at the video

and know how to analyse.

some probably analyse the wrong thing

they anaylse themselves lol

19. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Why start talk about members? Let's leave it at that...

I can roughly guess who is it but it's better not to say. We're all friends :)

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Same here, never use that mode..........i think its its totally unnecessary !