Switching from plastics... Kawasaki KingKong 500 or Li Ning?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by StanDa1, Apr 6, 2023.

1. StanDa1

StanDa1 New Member

I'm from Canada, and finally have the chance to switch to feathers after playing with plastics for many many years. I have previously played with carbonsonic when they were released, but their durability was quite bad considering the price. I mainly care about a mix of economy and durability, anything is a substantial upgrade from plastic, so I'm not very concerned about flight path. I narrowed my choices down to KingKong 500 on Aliexpress for ~$20CAD a tube, or Li Ning A+60 for ~$21CAD a tube from shopbadmintononline. Does anyone have experience with the durability of these, or any other suggestions which are obtainable in Canada? Much appreciated.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Sorry to disappoint but feather shuttles are less durable than plastic shuttles and also less economical. However they fly better which , from what you wrote, is not a concern of yours.

Given your requirements staying with plastic shuttles might be the better option.

3. StanDa1

StanDa1 New Member

Fair enough, that I am aware of -- I'm willing to take the hit to go to feather, but wondering within feather/hybrid, which would be the better option? Thanks

4. what07

what07 Regular Member

What is everyone in your group using? Sometimes people get picky when sharing shuttles, e.g some groups only want like Aeroplane black, Li ning G700 or YY AS40/50's when they play. While other groups can settle for something cheaper.

G300 or A70+ were pretty durable when we had someone bring it. KK500s we expected to have very good durability but it was just meh, maybe it was our batch from aliexpress.

If you have a decathalon store or wanna try ordering some of their shuttles they seem resonable price. We are about to do the same, $13 to $35 XD

StanDa1 likes this.
  5. StanDa1

StanDa1 New Member

Good point, thanks! Didn't know Decathlon had shuttles, one just opened up near me. Big range in price, I wonder which one is the best value for durability? Might end up buying a tube of each to test, or let me know if you find out ;)

6. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Generally my group uses Li Ning G700s or higher. We find with good birds they last longer, so you end up saving money in the end compared to if you were to buy something cheaper but lower quality.

Once you play with high quality feather shuttles its hard to go back and use the bad ones :(

StanDa1 likes this.