Surprise of AE Day 2

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by yyclub, Mar 5, 2008.

1. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

Dark Horses

A few months ago..CHN, INA, MAS, and DEN were really dominating our baddy world, we've thought that others may not be serious threat for those BIG 4..but now it turns to be difficult to determine Who's win and lose becoz KOR, JAP and TPE are really dangerous dark horses nowadays..not to forget also POL..in many cases, I found JAP, TPE, and especially KOR are threatening BIG 4 seeded players' domination..so I wouldn't be surprised If one of those 3 can do some more upsets in OG 2008, or even achieve something..What a marvelous badminton world..hard to predict :eek::eek::p

2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I really dont think LL can win this. I predict any player that can come out at the TR/WMC/HHY draw will win the AE title.

3. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    japan has really quietly sneaked up on the top players. they are the underdog and they are doing really really well. i am surprised, but pleasantly. nice to have more contenders to the titles. :) korea and taipei too. i think 2008 will be a very interesting year. :D

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

after fu/cai had bowed out, the koreans MD shud be the favourites to win the title here....

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

dont be surprised that even the koreans pair will be eliminated in 2day`s qf...:D

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I hope so :D

My prefereed potential SF lineups:
    Albertus Susanto Njoto/Yohan Wiratama Hadikusumo
    Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen
    Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto :p
    Tadashi Ohtsuka/Keita Masuda

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Out of the line up, the HK pair will be most unexpected to win AE. Then there's the Japanese as 2nd most unlikely.
    Msia uncles, Indonesia semi-veterans, Denmark 3/4 veteran, Korean youngsters are the usual suspects.

Btw, looking at Othsuka/Masuda, why do they seem like run out of steam in the middle of tourney - losing at QF or Semi when at the beginning they were all fired up - happened in French Open,either China or HK Open.
    They're not that old...
    Same with Sakamoto/Ikeda, but could be different reason for the younger pair, but this AE could be their turning point.

#47 eaglehelang, Mar 7, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  8. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    Interesting..major upsets happen in AE,but not often in SS.hmm,this must have to do with sort of pyschology...

All the best to LCW,WMC and uncles,fighting!