SUPERSTRINGER S90 or T70?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Yvonne Nikolaus, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Yvonne Nikolaus

Yvonne Nikolaus New Member

Hello from germany.
    I´d like to buy a stringing maschine in the next days. We are a family with 5 badminton players and our youngsters often have broken strings. (puberty testosterone excess..) Here in germany i only know tennisman.de who sells good machines. I'm not sure which one to buy. The S90 or the T70? Both are almost identical in price. My budget is around € 1200. Which one would you recommend me? (manual or electronic machine)
    Thank you for your answers.
    Best regards
    Yvonne

Antworten auch gerne in Deutsch.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The German BC section is constantly growing, nice! :)

First of all, I think you have the best reason to invest in a stringing machine possible. This thing will be payed off in no time. And with a budget of 1200 EUR, you should not kid around and directly go for an electric machine. There are decent machines available with the WISE tension head for that price.

The question "badminton only vs. universal machines" is not an easy one to answer though and is in huge parts a matter of personal taste. The biggest difference is of course the size and weight. Will the machine have a steady place or will you have to move it around to store it aways somewhere between string jobs? If so, then hat could be a good reason to go with a compact machine like the S90.
    The biggest advantage for an "adult" machine like the T70 of course is that you have a lot more working space for your hands underneath the racket. Also, you're more flexible to fine tune the position of the side supports if needed. This is a bit limited on the S90 since the distance between the side supports is fixed.

Looking at the machines - I think you can't go really wrong with both of them. Both are around for a couple of years now, and apart from some smaller issues with the plastic main support bits on the S90, there hasn't been any real reasons for concern.

Edit:
    Here's the old thread regarding the breaking support bits
    https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...ad-spreader-problem-superstringer-s90.169206/
    Afaik, they have added now a couple of them coming with the machine and they are available as spare parts as well.