SuperDan thinks of using smile to thaw intensity with Hidayat

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by cao ci dan, Jan 20, 2007.

1. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Cruz Fang (Chinadaily.com.cn)
    Updated: 2007-01-17 09:12[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2007-01/17/content_785380.htm[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Without words of revenge, world No.1 Lin Dan quoted a chivalrous Chinese poem to show his willingness to mend fences with Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

"Taufik is a great opponent. When we meet again, we should be like what's described in the poem - 'A smile at encounter melts revenge '". Lin told Shenyang Today before leaving for the star-studded Malaysia Open on January 14, 2007.

The world's top-ranked Chinese lost the men's singles final to Hidayat after twice defeating the Olympic champion in men's matches at the Doha Asian Games.

The draw of the Malaysian Open is to see the arch rivals meet in the first round. The expected clash triggered great interest in the host country Malaysia, whose world No. 2 and three-time Open winner Lee Chong-Wei is in the other half.

Hidayat, who was docked ranking points and prize money after storming out mid-match against Lin in August, has described Lin as "arrogant" and refused to buckle before the Asian Games.

But Lin played down his rivalry with Hidayat, saying "my stay at the tournament has become more meaningful because of an opponent like Hidayat."

"I know (the unfriendly words of Hidayat) may not be what he originally meant. Sometimes a word is turned into a story and ties become stiff." Lin said. "But it's really not good if we meet without saying hello." Meanwhile, Hidayat also dismissed it as a normal first round Open match. But Hidayat said it would be revenge for real if Lin defeats him in the next Asian Games.

[​IMG]
    [/FONT]

2. cesc fabrigas

cesc fabrigas Regular Member

mybe they will be team mate at KLRC soon lol

3. cesc fabrigas

cesc fabrigas Regular Member

Malaysia Super Series
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Lin Dan Ikuti Taufik[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Ini bukan bicara soal hasil pertandingan di turnamen Malaysia Super Series, yang berlangsung di Stadium Badminton, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, 16-21 Januari. Memang Taufik Hidayat akhirnya dikalahkan Lin Dan, 19-21, 21-23, tetapi pemain Cina itu justru mengikuti langkah Taufik. Kenapa?

Cerita seputar pertandingan yang berlangsung ketat tersebut akhirnya dikalahkan berita heboh: klub Kuala Lumpur Racket Club (KLRC) dikabarkan akan mengontrak Taufik. Pembicaraan antara peraih emas Olimpiade Athena 2004 dan Juara Dunia 2005 itu dengan KLRC sudah dijalin.

Seperti dikabarkan The Star Online, Taufik dan pemilik KLRC, Datuk Andrew Kam, sudah memiliki kesepakatan. Taufik akan dikontrak secara pribadi.

“KLRC ingin menjalin sponsor dengan saya. Kami telah menjalin kesepakatan. Kami tinggal menunggu pesetujuan PBSI saja,” ujar Taufik, seperti dikutip The Star Online.

Persoalan ini nantinya menjadi ganjalan karena selama ini PBSI telah menjalin kontrak secara kolektif dengan perusahaan peralatan bulutangkis, Yonex. PBSI pun menentukan sponsor kolektif minimal sebesar 300 ribu dolar AS. Apalagi, sejauh itu belum terdengar adanya peluang kontrak pribadi pemain dengan perusahaan lain.

Ketua Bidang Pembinaan dan Prestasi PB PBSI, Lius pongoh, pun menyebut belum bisa berkomentar banyak. Pasalnya dia belum membaca bagaimana klausul kontrak kolektif PB PBSI dengan Yonex. Apakah dalam klausul itu memungkinkan adanya pemain dikontrak secara pribadi oleh perusahaan lain atau tidak.

“Makanya saya belum bisa omong banyak,” ujar Lius saat dihubungi lewat telepon, Rabu (17/1) malam.

Lin Dan Ikut

Kalau semuanya berjalan mulus, mulai turnamen All England Super Series, Maret nanti, di kaus Taufik tak hanya tertera nama Yonex, tetapi juga nama KLRC. Kendati begitu, Taufik tetap akan membela nama Indonesia di banyak turnamen yang dia ikuti.

“Saya tidak muda lagi. Ini adalah kesempatan bagi saya untuk mendapatkan uang demi masa depan saya,” jelas Taufik.

Setelah Taufik, menurut sebuah sumber, KLRC juga telah mendekati Lin Dan. Pemain Cina itu dikabarkan tengah dirayu untuk dikontrak secara pribadi seperti Taufik.

Konon, di tengah penyelenggaraan Malaysia Super Series, Datuk Kam sudah secara informal bertemu dan berbicara dengan pelatih kepala Cina, Li Yongbo. Menurut sumber ini, kabarnya Yongbo memberi lampu hijau kepada anak didiknya dikontrak KLRC.

Meskipun berita soal kontrak ini menjadi santapan empuk media, tidak ada yang tahu berapa sebenarnya kontrak yang ditawarkan KLRC kepada Taufik dan Lin Dan. “Soal besarnya kontrak tidak ada yang tahu,” jelas sumber ini. (Broto Happy W.)[/SIZE]
    [/FONT]

4. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

not everyone's indonesian, mate. care to translate?

5. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner

What a jerk... didn't Taufik say Asian games 06 was his last Asian games, and he won't play in the next one??? How is Lin Dan supposed to beat Taufik in the next Asian games when Taufik won't play???:confused::eek:

6. jcr2001

jcr2001 Regular Member

Student
    heh, maybe what he meant is, he's not going to make the revenge real? :p

Look at the picture... is Lin trying to use his racket to do something? heh

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the article...now, can anyone help us in translating..

..anyone who understands Indonesian & willing to translate??..indra, babonimut, DoublesPlayer, Krisna, ssuly??..thanks in advance;):cool:

#7 ctjcad, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  8. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Thanks for the article CCD. It's good to note that LD is making efforts. I hope TH will reciprocate & not make any further unwarranted remarks. After all both these great athletes are supposed to be role models.

For the Malaysian fans who were offended with LD's behaviour in 2006, I hope they will also not dwell on the anger/disappointment of LD throwing of the racket and not wearing the hat because it's not going to be beneficial.
    Many players throw their rackets when they win or lose. I am not giving any excuse for LD's behaviour but I believe he was angry with himself for losing in that manner & had no time to regain his composure on the podium. If we put ourselves in the situation of the player's shoes, we will be more accommodating towards them.

9. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

LD has done that to LCW too. It's a pat. He would have to drop his racket to do it with his hand as he is using the other hand to shake. This is certainly a good gesture as compared to JO 2006.

Hopefully 2007 will see these 2 players bringing out the best in each other.

10. vabeel

vabeel New Member

Malaysia Super Series
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Lin Dan Ikuti Taufik
    [/SIZE] [/FONT]
    It is mainly about Taufik joining KLRC, see also this thread:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39066

And the translation:

LinDan follows Taufik

We are not talking about the match result from Malaysian Super Series tournament, which was played in badminton stadium Cheras, KL, 16-21 Jan. Indeed Taufik was defeated by LinDan 19-21, 21-23. However the chinese player is following Taufik's footsteps. Why?

Stories around the tight match was eventually lost to another exciting news : Kuala Lumpur Racket Club (KLRC) was aiming to have Taufik under its contract. Talks between the Athens 2004 olympic and WC 2005 winner and KLRC has been made.

As reported by The Star Online, Taufik and the KLRC owner, Datuk Andrew Kam, have come to an agreement. Taufik will be contracted individually.

"KLRC wants to have a contract with me. We have come to an agreement. We only have to wait for a green light from PBSI", said Taufik, as quoted from The Star Online.

This matter will probably become a hurdle, as PBSI had a collective contract with Yonex. PBSI also set the amount for collective contract as much as $ 300 000. Besides, this far, there has not been any chances for the players to have a individual contract with other companies.

Head of developmenet and achievement of PBSI, Lius Pongoh, also could not give much comments. He hasn't read the clauses in PBSI collective contract with Yonex, whether the clauses allows an individual contract of a player with another company or not.
    "That's why I still can't talk a lot", Lius said as he was contacted through the phone wednesday (17/1) night.

Lin Dan follows
    If everything goes well, starting All England Super Series, next march, there won't only be Yonex sign on Taufik's shirt, but also KLRC's. However, Taufik will still be playing for Indonesia in many tournaments that he participate.

"I'm not young anymore, this is my chance to earn some money for my future", explained Taufik.

After Taufik, according to a source, KLRC has also been approaching Lin Dan. The chinese player was reported to be persuaded by KLRC to be contracted individually just as Taufik.

It is rumoured, that during the Malaysian Super Series tournament, Datuk Kam had informally met the chinese head coach, Li Yongbo. According to this source, Yongbo had given a green light to his protégé.

Though the news about the contract has been a hot stuff in the press, nobody knows about how much has been offered to Taufik and Lin Dan for the contracts. "About the sum for the contracts, nobody knows", said the source. (Broto Happy W.)

-Sorry if I make lots of mistakes, this is my first try translating stuffs. :rolleyes::D-

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    what does KLRC get out of TH or LD, both non-malaysian, and where does klrc get these kind of sponsorship money that some big companies hasn't yet jump in the bandwagon yet?

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for your help..

..vabeel, appreciate for helping us with the translation..so, now, you will be one of the BC members, we might ask, to help us with the same task..;) :D :cool:

#12 ctjcad, Jan 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  13. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Thanks for the articles :D :p Next Asian Games??? :eek: LOL ;) I hope them two will play each other a few times this year and LD wining them of course :D hehe ;)

14. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    Is KLRC part of the Malaysian badminton national team or they are Malaysian's national team. If so then I guess this is Malaysia's attempt to bring in talent to train the new and upcoming youngsters. Which I think is very important.

I don't think Malaysia have any new mens single raising star unlike China where they have Chen Jin. KBH isn't that bad but I don't think he'll be another LCW. I think it's a good idea because grooming the youngsters is important or even being sparing partner for the current players. Look at Indonesia. After Taufik leaves or retires, they basically have no one. Santoso isn't bad, but not even close to being a next Taufik.

Beside grooming the youngsters, I don't know what else.

15. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i would like to know the answer too.