Sudirman's Cup semifinal

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by nugroho, Jun 13, 2007.

1. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

By the end of today (13/06) we know that INA has moved up to 1st place in Group B, and KOR has the 2nd place to stay on the final.

it was quite a day For INA (fans n players) as they won againts HKG 4-1 but still need to wait the result from KOR and DEN. As the "if" scenario are still on and the result between the 2 could put them in either "die tie" position againts CHN or "bring the cup back" against the runner-up group A.

The Dennish has fought till the last drop but their win againts KOR couldn't help them to get through to the semis. They must be pritty cooky and disappointed on them self right now, but still give 2 thumbs-up for them.

On Semis INA would likely face a new-comer country on SUDIRMAN CUP semis as it was only 4 group has ever enter this stage. DEN, INA, KOR and CHN (5 times champions n tittle holder).

It will be between MAS and ENG. ENG has bigger chance to enter the top 4 and become THE NEW-COMER after they beat MAS on the 1 match. And CHN would top group as they won 2 times love game beating THA and ENG with 5-0.

will be quite interesting semis between ENG vs INA as they both have quite balance here and there....

ENG has 2 outstanding XD pair, 2 good pair in MD, 1 Countable WD (top 10 of the world and they beat MAS WD).

on the other hand INA has great MS and XD both 2 (pair/palyers), 2 above avarage MD (one of the player is a living legend) and 1 WD which always beat ENG WD on the last superseries.

On the other semis hanging 2 nation with great power in every department. CHN againts KOR. Kor stole the Sudirman's Cup from CHN at 2003. but this time, CHN might end KOR road on semis with score the 1st three points from the game.

You could imagine as CHN sent 17 players and 7 of them are on the top spot BWF right now, not to mention MS, WS and WD which they keep the 1st three spot on their own.

#1 nugroho, Jun 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    This is a bit confusing to me, I thought the rules mentioned that if 3 or more teams are tied, the results of matches come into play to determine positions (in which case INA won), but for 2nd place, the head-to-head results come into play (which DEN should have won, based on 3-2 win over KOR).

Anyway, congrats to INA and KOR for pulling through, maybe we can see another INA vs CHN final.

But DEN is not disgraced for not making the cut. The 5th/6th placing match is still interesting, with DEN playing probably against MAS. What can I say, we have 1 super strong + 5 reasonably strong teams this time, but there can only be 4 semifinalists.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Either MAS/ENG vs DEN will be a thriller and closely fought encounter too :rolleyes:

4. indra

indra Regular Member

Wow...INA vs Eng ...SEMI FINAL

I guess the battle between them this time will be very interesting...

The score will be very tight...

MS - This will belong to INA...whoever Ina will field against Eng MS will most likely win. I would rather field Simon, to allow Taufik to have a longer break in case Ina cruises to the final.

WS - This is 50:50, This is weakest area in the Indonesian team...perhaps technically the Ina girls are world-class already, but, in my opinion what is lacking in them is self-confidence....Perhaps...Ina needs a psychologist to convince the girls that they can win if they think they can.

MD - This one is also 50:50 - I hope Ina will field Kido/Hendra. I feel that the ENglish pair will pose more threats than China's Fu/Cai. I can say that Kido/Hendra will be able to defeat Fu/Cai...but against the ENglish pair...chances are 50:50.

WD - This one is also 50:50. Again the comment is the same as WS. In this area Ina should field Natsir/Greysa, so that Vita can play in the MD Double...

MX D - This is the most critical area...ENgland has two equally strong pair. But, Ina also have two equally strong pairs. It is safer to field Flandy/Vita as they have been very consistent recently. Chances are also 50:50

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    In this case, 3 teams are tied, so going by total matches won-lost, INA emerges first and KOR second.

If 2 teams (KOR and DEN for instance) were still tied on total matches won-lost, then the head-to-head winner would emerge higher. But in this case, KOR has a better total matches won-lost, so the head-to-head result is not considered.

If the 3 teams were still tied after total matches won-lost, we go to total sets won-lost and etc. etc.

6. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

WOW, is this the real Indra? He actually is rational and fair to the England team. I gotta say I am impressed. I didn't think this was possible in any matchup involving Indonesia.

Anyway, I agree but for MD I think INA should come out ahead but then again sometimes Kido/Setiawan can be inconsistent. For WS, I think Tracey Hallem should prove to be a bit stronger than Firda or anyone from Indonesia and same came be said for WD too. With mixed maybe INA has a slight edge as they are usually more consistent but Robertson/Emms are known to beat world #1's.

7. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

And, IF England were to lose to THA today, and CHN only beat MAS 3:2 or 4:1 ... this assumption is considered redundant.

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I like that, beside CHN can beat THA, ENG, HK with 5 - 0 easily......its quite impossible for CHN to beat INA, DEN, MAS, KOR by the same margin....easily .....i would rank them in this order...

CHN
    INA
    DEN
    KOR
    MAS
    HK
    THA so, May be THA is going to Group 2 for
    next Sudirman Cup..:rolleyes::crying:

9. Bao

Bao Regular Member

Hei Where is ENGland, I Thiink Thailand still on Div1 next Sudirman Cup, 'coz as far as I know the lowest rank on div 1 will do playoff with the No1 of the div 2, and so far Tahi player is still OKEY to be in Div 1, especially from WS, MS, and MXD

10. xt6666

xt6666 Regular Member

Badminton Idol
    No, #4 Group 1A will play against #4 Group 1B...

Looser will play in Group 2 next SC...