Sudirman Cup 2007, Glasgow, Scotland.

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by kwun, May 9, 2004.

1. Pebulutangkis

Pebulutangkis Regular Member

Student
    no, they'll say shidhirmhan chup his ha shell hout shuchess hin Schotlhand... :p

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well Janet will ask in a slightly higher tone: "Which is more important, Europe or Kwun Jr?" So you must convince her that you are talking about 2007, more than 2 years away, and if she is agreeable to enjoy both, you two must start the production line in the not too distant future! There are benefits to raising a family earlier than later! :D

As for retiring prematurely, you need a bit of luck, like winning a lottery otherwise, just like me, you just have to go on working and thank your lucky stars that you can still continue to do so.

Hi Dill, thanks again.

It must be an optical illusion, as the hall ceiling seems to be low and the lights staring at your face. I think the lights are lined up in between the courts and not directly overhead. If the Cup is to held here now, the seating capacity seems very limited indeed. Hope they can do something about this before the big day. :p

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    This is tremendous news!!!

It looks like I will be planning a vacation out to Glasgow, to meet up with a few of our BF friends, and also some old friends I have not seen in a few years.

-Kelvin
    PS: The picture of that badminton academy made my jaw hit the ground... some people are truly spoiled when it comes to the wonderful facilities you get to play in :p I would settle for having a net up, with proper lines drawn up :D

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    And the best thing is that the Badminton Academy is only through the Clyde tunnel from your favourite area of Glasgow - Govan.

You can go on a site seeing tour!

5. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    A sight-seeing tour of Govan?:eek: How fun can spot the junkie/ single teenage mother/ alcoholic tramp/ and the rest of the dregs of society which seem to accumulate in such areas be? (No offence, to anyone who lives there).

Loh, I think it's the angle at which the photograph was taken and that the exposure has been pushed at least a few stops which makes the ceiling seem low and the lights excessively bright. The ceiling is actually higher than you could conceivably need (or be able to hit the shuttle) and the lights are perfect; at the other badminton hall (in Govan), there is also strips of soft halogen lamps running parallel to the tramlines; unlike the lighting at regular sports halls (such as the one at which the Scottish Open was held), this type of lightly absolutely never affects your vision while playing.

#25 ynexfan2003, May 12, 2004
    Last edited: May 12, 2004
  6. Dill

Dill Regular Member

That's why I called it a SITE seeing tour!

Does that mean I have to sell my house and move on Mr Fan?

7. Dill

Dill Regular Member

8. other

other Regular Member

Student
    any idea on prices?

9. Dill

Dill Regular Member

It's not for 3 years yet :rolleyes:

10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    hehehe......i know...saving up:)

11. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Well you've got plenty of time :D

12. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

by looking at the picture only, it doesn't seems professional enough.
    the floor looks strange, and the way the light is arranged could blind people.
    let alone there are not enough seats.

is this the main venue or may be just one practice court?

13. laura9876543

laura9876543 Regular Member

unfortunately it looks like that will be where the main games are played and the practise courts will possibly be in the old centre where there is another 8 courts available. The lighting isn't all that bad, its worse in most sports centres, there is more courts on the other side of the picture but they are basically the same as the ones pictured. It definitely looks like there aren't enough seats, but there is a viewing gallery, but not sure if there is a viable way to use it!

14. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Oh dear god it's been a while :eek: I see the emoticons haven't changed!

Doesnt seemprofessional enough, well lets just say everything in that particular building is state of the art and leave it at that, as far as i know it was purpose built to house these kinds of events with every eventuality taken into acocunt.

You are quite right bout the lights, on certain courts they will blind people playing down the lines but the luminocity can be altered by having difering amounts of bulbs on in eachone so i'm sure they have done their research!

This is the primary venue!

Unfortunately????

There are not many places in the world where there is a puropse built centre like that outside the far east, if you even travel within the UK there is none better!!!!

The English national academy is a pale shodow of a venue with only 6 courts and bad lighting and court markings, do have to say their changing rooms are nice though, although there are changing roomin the Scottish academy that the public do not and never will have access to and are for the squad players only.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the entire centre will be used as it was the last time for the world championships in terms of warming up courts and early round venue, ahhh...... Sun Jun V's Peter Ras, what a finale. The usual matting will be put down and the seating will come out to make the venue a super arena, the further the competiton goes on the less courts will be needed and you will see exactly how many seats can be fitted into the academy!!!!

But then again what would i know? ;)

15. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Not now! Only less than a year now! :D I hope I'm going too! :D MONEY!!! :D

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Anyone else from the Northern European area going??..

...and cover the event other than our local BC/BF members: Dill, laura9876543??...hehe;) :) :D :cool:
    closer:yannie, Baderz_Jas, Mag, Jan_BE, jerby??,
    a bit further south:jamesd20, ynexfan2003, other, elwin81??...
    BTW, can't believe this thread was started in 2004 and the event is almost here within a few more months..;) :cool: :)

#36 ctjcad, Oct 30, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  17. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I think I am closer than Mag, Yannie, Jan_BE, plus I don't have a sea in the way!

There are quite a few members in scotland (I think ynexfan2003(?)) plus a few in newcastle/northumberland.

I will be there, although the tickets are not cheap (More expensive than AE)

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for rectifying

..aih, aih, that's right, jamesd20....sigh(blush)...i must've typed too fast and forgot to re-arrange them correctly(i knew something wasn't right after i posted that)...pardon all..:p :( :eek: :D

19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    No problem, I take it you are not into geography!

Are you coming?

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

...hehehe, i knew Scotland(cos i've heard of Scotland Yard etc.) was up there somewhere, but must've gotten a bit confused as i was typing quite fast and doing another task also..:p
    ..as for me hopping on a plane and flying over to Scotland/UK, hmm, maybe next time...i'm warming up for the big WC next yr in M'sia...hehe;):p :) :D :cool: