Strings recommendation

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by hilanokta, Nov 2, 2021.

1. hilanokta

hilanokta New Member

I’m an aggressive doubles player and recently my strings are broken so I’m finding one to replace it. I have a few in mind, BG80P, Aerobite and Aerosonic. I’m not sure with how either of these strings would perform cuz I always used BG66 ULTIMAX. Anyone can give me some advice or recommend some strings? Thanks!!

2. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

What traits are you looking for in a string ?? Accuracy, durability, power??

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

3. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

I've tried all three. Aerobite feels sticky. When the shuttle touches the strings, it feels like you can do very accurate slices, net plays, drops, etc, but really really lacks in power. BG80 Power is obviously powerful, hence the name power. The strings are considerably harder than other strings, thus, a mishit, any shot that doesn't hit the sweet spot feels awful, and sends vibrations up the arm. Aerosonic is in the middle of the two, but with such a thin string, expect it to snap quicker than others. And 80 power also doesn't last forever either like some other strings, and they tend to lose tension rather quickly. I have no idea why Yonex tries to give the image that Aerosonic is a powerful string, but it's not, and your smashes will be noticeably weaker than 80 power.

I have a bunch of strings for sale in the buy & sell forum for a cheaper price than anywhere you can find online, so if you want to have a look, feel free to.