Stringing with crank machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Antxn, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Antxn

Antxn Regular Member

Hi

I was just wondering if there is any stringing method that can result in a tight stringbed? I had tried compensating it by increasing the tension by 2lbs but i find it risky when i comes to stringing at higher tensions.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Please clarify. You want tighter strings without increasing the tension setting on your machine?

3. Antxn

Antxn Regular Member

Hi

I string BG80 25lbs but the resultant stringbed feels softer than usual. I was also wondering does coiling the string on the knob helps...

4. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

This can have two reasons!

1) You do something wrong and therefore the stringing tension is lower. Here you should not simply string with more tension!

2) The scale is not correct (anymore). For example, 25 lbs are now only 23lbs. Then you can simply string with 27lbs for 25lbs.

You can check this with this equipment. If your machine tightens correctly, then the fault is yours.
    https://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_62_156&products_id=494

5. Antxn

Antxn Regular Member

Okay will check. Thanks!

6. LoaS

LoaS Regular Member

Lock out machines like yours tend to produce softer stringbeds than constant pull machines (drop weight or electronic). Triple pulling, constant cranking speed and pre-stretching the string should help. Also worth checking that your clamps are not slipping and that the tension dialled on the machine is accurate.

stradrider likes this.
  7. Antxn

Antxn Regular Member

I just checked the calibration and the clamp. Calibration was fine. It turns out the clamp was the problem... Thanks a lot!

Fidget likes this.