SS Master Finals 2008 News Article

Discussion in 'Super Series Master Finals 2008' started by george@chongwei, Dec 17, 2008.

1. gyman75

gyman75 New Member

teacher
    well done Malaysia!! great achievements...

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Thank you, robin7, for showing everyone how to correctly post here an external report :)

This way, everyone gets to know the operational part but will still have to click through to the external website for the details.

This should keep the content providers happy.
    And, of course, we'll have fewer complaints to deal with.
    Thanks again :)

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    U r welcome. I know your frustration when people do not listen to what u say. In fact, I have reminded some of those posters many times before not to include the full story but just provide the link.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ok, then you do the posting, since you have better PC skills. :p:p Thank you very much for all your hard work, much appreciated, hehehe .;)
    It takes minimum 20 min to do the above method, plus the summary or explanation, just for 1 article. That havent include translation for malay articles + now cannot quote paragraph by paragraph together with the translation.

If just provide the link only, then there'll questions as to "what's it about", "why didnt give full article", etc,etc,etc, which those who post articles regularly who have had such questions asked, some time or other.

In other words, leceh.....even more direct ..better just copy & paste the article in the word document & read it myself, faster also, half hour can finish 5 newspapers.:D:D

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    First of all, I was refering to someone younger when I mentioned "some of those posters".

Helang (I think we are about the same age), I remembered u mentioned before that u wanna be a journalist. But it seems like u still don't understand what has been mentioned by Raphy and Oldhand.

If u think it's "leceh" (troublesome) to post partially and include the link, do not post it at all, as simple as that.

Note: It's got nothing to do with better PC skills. If u can spend minutes or hours searching for the world rankings to produce the upset list, why can't u spend a little more time to give credits to the reporters and help them to get the hit? Helang, don't be so argumentative, sarcastic and sensitive, u have done a very good job in the upset lists. If what I said here offend u, please accept my sincere apology. But I hope u understand what I'm trying to say here.

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I do hope I haven't been misunderstood :eek:

eagle, I have the deepest respect for your work here... and if we have failed to acknowledge your worth, please accept my apologies :)

Although I have since sworn to change my ways, I too have been guilty of Copy & Paste posts - indeed, as you pointed out, it is a time-saving method.

The unjust consequence of C&P is that those who slaved to write the article will be denied due credit (which, in internet terms, is a measure of the hits that particular report receives in the course of a newsday). I'd hate it if what I'm doing were to affect a committed badminton reporter's livelihood for the worse.

If I may clarify:
    You really don't need to summarise or explain the article's content.
    Instead, you could post just the opening and a link to the webpage.
    As I mentioned earlier, that will prompt a click-through (if it's interesting enough).

Merry Christmas, eagle :)

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ermm...are u pointing at me???:confused:can u kindly teach me how to do so or help me post next time???:D

p/s:next time kak helang and george no nid post liao...we give uncle robin the juornalist job in bc...ok???

#27 limsy, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  8. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    kids, you should listen to robin... and maybe question your sportsmanship...

appearently some people tend to think it´s ok to copy others property, when you only use lots of hehehe, haha and kekeke...

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...i really didnt know...thats why i ask uncle robin to teach...:crying:

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hiyaaa, of course i understand the copyright thingy- our local newspapers, as far as I know,make most of their sales come from the hard copies they sell, they dont depend on the online version. Anyway, no excuse. I dont copy & paste from Badzine.

Just pointing out all the technicalities & queries one will get from the readers (which I was trying to imply to Oldhand earlier) - which really happens. My PC will sometimes hang when pasting photos/articles, copy & paste quarter of it pose new problems. Imagine it happening 80% = 280 days a year. Put it another way, if I dont often post articles, I wouldnt be bothered by the new restriction/rules.

Huh?? You didnt offend me, aiyooo. You also have temper as I recall ;);) Dont post at all, yup, precisely my point. Havent you noticed, I didnt post any articles in this thread, when in the past was so eager to post? :D:D

Btw, the upset lists job has been passed back to limsy, now also there're new members interested to do it. Hmmm, I was/currently am not interested to be a journalist. As I type this, already finished the 5 newspapers for the day
    And no offense meant.

Hiyaa, no need to complement or praise or apologise or explain etc,etc.:D:D Wasnt my main point also. Doesnt matter, others can do the job.

Happy holidays guys

#30 eaglehelang, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    If the News media wants to be hit, just HIT them real hard on their heads

:D:D:D eaglehelang ... If the News media wants to be hit, just HIT them real hard on their heads.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

from this moment too, i wont be posting articles too unless that kan chiong type:D
    let the 'expert' does the job..:rolleyes:

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The SSF does not follow the SS format so LD will not have the advantage of CHN's unique strategy.It's round robin style and if LD and CJ had turned up, they would be up against a formidable field of non-CHN MS:LCW,SDK,PG,TH,JP.
    Suppose LD is drawn in the group with LCW, PG and TH.Suppose they schedule it such that LD plays TH in the morning and LCW in the evening.You know LD's game needs more power, hence energy to win his match than either LCW and TH.Do you think after playing TH even if it's a quick match, he will be mentally fresh enough to face LCW in the second match of the day? Without his Beijing crowd of 7000 but with LCW's crowd of 3000? How sure are you that LD can even beat PG after playing TH and LCW the day before?Do you know what would happen to LD's image if he can't even make it to semifinal?People will laugh at his OG gold.LD cannot afford to lose so soon.A year later ok.
    That's the worst case scenario for LD.Now you understand why LYB said no.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The bit about posting news/articles/pictures in BC..

I guess this sticky thread sums up how we're supposed to post external articles/pictures/infos etc.:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12555

I'll throw in my 2 sens from both sides:
    First, i do agree we should post a link of whatever articles/pics we're posting in BC. Simply for the above mentioned reasons.

Second, besides posting the link(s), i support posting full articles as well as pics; which is what i usually do. Why? I don't know about you guys, but i've encountered a few instances, where links to referenced news/pics no longer exist, leaving us nothing to read/reference from. Badzine & other major news agencies might not have such a problem, but other sites might. Older news articles might also be unexpectedly archived/shelved, leaving us with a blank/different link. In that case, the decision to just simply posting links or partial articles to those referenced news would have to be weighed in.

Last, appreciate all of the diligent BCers who've been posting and sharing the news for us!!..:cool:

#34 ctjcad, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    What I was trying to point out is that should CJ and LD make it to the final 4, and that is highly possible considering both are top 3 world players in undeniably excellent fitness, LCW even though in excellent form the way he routed PG and TH, would not find it easy to win (I am not saying it is impossible) than facing PG and TH, who are both going down on the wrong side of the hill instead of coming up.:p:D

16. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Peter Gade may be have been going downhill slowly over the last few years. But the last few months have been a high for him! Just remember how easily he beat Chen Jin in the DO & FO.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Saving money

According WPT, she is putting money into good use. And the 2009 SS are still not paid.