Squash stringing resource

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by DuckFeet, Feb 8, 2019.

1. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    A bit off topic sorry. Do any of you guys string squash too? If so, what resource do you use? I'm hoping to find something comparable to BC for discussion on the usual 1 vs 2 piece, how to measure the long side for 1 piece etc etc.

The main thing that has prompted this, is that I have a squash racquet to do here, and crosses 5,6,7,8 from the top are all double loopback. So bottom up I'd do 8, 6, 7, 5. Wondering why this is, what it does, and if I should consider using it more.

I've got some good feedback so far, but might as well aim for perfection eh?

2. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

Hi I do a bit squash. I usually do 2 piece. I remember reading that Head brands needs to be done 2 pieces and start from the top otherwise warranty would be void. If you wanted to do it one piece and the main end up at the throat then you need to do ATW. I use ukrsa ATW. Like tennis you really have to start from the head. especially on a two points machine.

I don't understand what you mean by the cross double loopback. If I do a two pieces I just string like a tennis racket, nothing different. All the squash rackets I've done has no share holes, they are really like tennis racket.

I watch video on youtube like most people and Nick Down is my main resource.

Everyone should do squash, the racket has less mains and crosses. most rackets have 12,14 mains, can you guys imagine that only 12 mains!!!! half the weaving time.
    hope it helps.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I always try and fudge a way to get a top-down on squash - you can do it with almost all patterns even if you have to use an ATW.

(But my own racket is a 12-mainer - I chose that pattern verrrry delibrately.)

4. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Cheers guys. I'll check out that guy on youtube. I've gone 2 piece in the past, but this racquet looks brand new so i was keen to use recommended pattern.

So from tracing the pattern, the short main tied off immediately at B5. The long main did crosses bottom up. From cross 8, you jump to 6, back down to 7, then up to 5 and carry on as normal.

There was a nice ping to the result, not something I've ever heard in the dull thunk of squash string before.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

5. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

Hi, now i understand what you mean by double loopback. I haven't need do that to date.

For atw one piece its really easy to measure. Short side is 8.5 × mains, not racket lenght but main.