S'pore Open 2007 - May 4, 2007 - Quarterfinal Day

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by abedeng, May 3, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Oh..Clear water bay!!! I have to go to HKG every 5 or 6 weeks....nice place but cant live there ...too expensive!! more than LA....

2. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Hope he does.....

3. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

there's a rumour that vita has problem with greysia.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I wouldn't mind living in HK but I am happy in KL. The food in HK is superb.

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    too bad...do you know why? any scoop???

6. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

sorry my englis is not good so I'll tell you in bahasa, "katanya vita tersinggung dengan perkataan polli."
    however they will still play until sudirman

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Why not? They may not have big weapons but are all rounders who play thinking badminton. They just gnaw at the opponents' weaknesses until they are drained of their confidence.(or become mentally weak as some fans always like to put it?)

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That was what being rumoured. They did not look "kompak" in the court...esp when Vita was making lots of mistakes.

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Root for honest MSF

I'm sorry you regard CY as CHN's weakest MS but he has always beaten CJ, hasn't he? Well he can match PG and has an added advantage over PG in SF tomorrow because PG 's tank may have been used up by KJ today. CY still looks fresh as spring dew!
    I am happy LD lost because it means the probability of a fake MSF is zero. Of course Boonsak played well but we rooted for him all the way because the last thing we want is LD in the MSF. At least now, CY has the freedom to play his best so we can compare his play here with what he displayed in the AE07.Maybe someone can do a compare and contrast analysis later.

10. arcaloveher

arcaloveher Regular Member

Engineer
    3 Cheers for Boonsak !

11. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

Alriiight CTF/LWW

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    It is possible that China will only win 2 titles this time. I don't think Chen Yu will get through Gade. And Tony/Candra are gunning for revenge against Cai/Fu. Even if Cai/Fu wins, they still have to meet either Choong/Lee or Kido/Setiawan, both pairs have better head-to-head against them.

In XD, Xie/Zhang will find it tough against THA and INA pairs.

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Very happy to see that some of my predictions are wrong, good to see some upsets. Goes to show that Gao Ling/Zheng Bo and Lin Dan are mere mortals too ......

Also today we saw some shows of dissatisfaction from a few players (Nathan, Gade, Jonassen, Lin Dan). I thought Nathan was going to throw his racquet onto the head of the "loud" line judge several times.

Unfortunately my predictions for MAS players are right, only Choong/Lee survived, and they too gave me heart stopping moments in 1st game, from 17-9 up, they allowed the opponents to level 19-19.

Fairuz/Zakry played well only in patches, I can't believe Fairuz could miss several sitters only to smash wide or to the net. Once they lost the tight 1st game, I knew there is no chance of a comeback. Mentally they are not like Koo/Tan or Choong/Lee.

But the most incredible battle must go to Cheng Shao Chieh, in the end Xu had too much experience for her.

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Incredible matches today:
    Boonsak bt Lin
    Hirose bt Wang (also my favourite result of the day)
    Didn't watch the whole match, but I think Zheng/Gao's first loss as a pair should be pretty incredible, too.

15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It's the manner in which he lost. I'm quite ok with the losses of other Malaysians. At least they showed they actually wanted to win. But Hafiz's general lack-a-daisiness just plainly pisses me off.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

All i can say is...

...wow, wow and wow:eek: :rolleyes: ;) ...As if this tourney doesn't have enough upsets, I thought we had enough of them from 2 days ago and then yesterday's upsets, but nooooo, not even close...:p

Some comments from me:

- Quite a big upset was the LD vs. BP match. For some reason, after seeing his last few defeats, it seems that LD has a bit of a struggle in finishing a match, whether he's leading or not..The ending must've been a pretty good one, filled w/heart-pounding moments. If the folks(yes, incl. myself), following the match on BC, were in "heart-pounding" mode, i can imagine all the folks watching the match *live* at the stadium..Must be pure pandemonium..:eek: :p :cool:
    - Another upset(s), involved both of CHN's XD pairs which lost unexpectedly to INA XD pairs, in straight sets.:confused: :p Tomorrow's match between the 2 INA pairs could go either way.:cool:
    - ZhangNing redeemed herself after losing to PiHY in AE, winning in straight sets..:cool:
    - As for the MD upcoming Semis, i wouldn't count out CY&FHF. They could very well come out on top against Tony&Candra. I think both matches could go either way, so both should be terrific matches...

Overall, as expected, it was truly an exciting QF day...I'm sure the Semifinals day will be even more exciting..;) :cool:

#556 ctjcad, May 4, 2007
    Last edited: May 4, 2007
  17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hehe..

:) ..the way you've described Istora, it seems like you're scaring everyone that want to go there:p :crying: ..I guess only the "brave" will "survive" & come out "alive"..:p :D ;)

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

U know it pisses me off too but I recognise that a player has to be real motivated to perform at this highest level. It takes a lot out of the person to have to beat LCW and then go on to play tough. I think Hafiz expended his energy trying to prove his ability to beat LCW. His 3rd set was never a game he wins normally but I think he called on his reserves this time round. I would like to give him the benefit of doubt and say he has done well since Boonsak who beat him is playing at his peak and it would be difficult to beat Boonsak.

For me, I think the time must be near for both Hafiz and LCW to work harder because there is so much public 'glare' on their lack of performance - they are getting media, populace, and BAM's brunts. And money is not coming in anymore ! So it would not be too long before we see more commitment. Have a heart, give them support.:D

19. $100 Dreams

$100 Dreams Regular Member

Is Istora the badminton stadium in indonesia? I went to the recent malaysian open and I tell u, it was scary.. dont go and watch live if u are supporting a non-malaysian or malay. Everyone is cheering for them, so if u cheer for their opponents, u get icy stares, like they wanna bash u up.

i was actually cheering for Lin dan. he was against a korean player. Anyway, beacuse obviously no one wanted lin dan to win so that Chong Wei gets one less challenge, everyone cheered for the korean guy. And me and a few others, when we cheered when lin dan got a point (which is when no one cheers), everyone will look at u like a maniac. haha...

that was off topic..

Anyway, eventhough lin dan lost this one, I am very very happy for Boonsak!! he is good.. i remember a few years ago he was THE dark horse. Use to unexpectedly beat ppl like xia xuanze, chen hong, peter gade and the other top players. I have been hoping he could regain that form.YAY!!

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#560 ctjcad, May 5, 2007
    Last edited: May 5, 2007