S'pore Open 2007 - May 3, 2007 - Round of 16

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by abedeng, May 2, 2007.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    This sets up a really interesting Quarter finals...

Too bad about CJ's loss, but great for SG Players!!! :D
    2 Sg countrymen will be pitted against one another.
    2 Danish countrymen against one another as well.
    I'm personally cheering for PG in this one... I've seen KJ's mental breakdown's before, but perhaps he has worked through this now?who knows? we shall see later ;)

WCH vs Chen Yu, I'm hoping will be very interesting.
    WCH appears to be in very good shape.

Eriko Hirose of JP, is also in good shape, after losing the close 2nd match.
    Heading into a match versus HK's Wang Chen... I hope Eriko can keep up her performance against the seeded player.

I'm expecting ZN to stomp Pi, but judging by Pi's fighting spirit thus far in her last 2 matches, it seems her injury is not bothering her so much.
    I'm also cheering for Tine to do well against XXF, but we all know how well the women's champ plays lol... its a long shot, but would be cool to see Tine pull off a victory ;)

I'm hoping to see Tony G, and Candra in the semi versus CY & FHF.

Although I'm not a huge fan of watching WD, I am a fan of Gao Ling... :D hopefully her team will make it to the finals...
    Mixed seems to be a tough call, though number one seeds seem to be breezing through...
    Still lots of excitement yet to come... cant wait!!

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

3. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Only one thing to say about the result of today...

"Let's GO Gade!!! Let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D"

seems like Lin Dan has a easier road to the final than Gade if they are to both reach the finals. It will be amazing for Peter Gade to defeat both Lin Dan and Taufik to win a championship:cool:... Although Lin Dan is still the best bet here.:p

XD is quite exciting since the top pairs will beat the crap out of each other as early as the quarter finals.:eek:

4. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Yup. They are brothers, but they don't have the same mom. If you see Zakry and Nairul, they look quite alike, cuz same mom. But Arif doesn't really look like Zakry or Nairul.
    They are many kids in the family, one dad and two moms..

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Chen Jin is damn disappointed. :crying: Simon Santoso and Ng Wei too!

Cai Yun sprained his ankle in second set, but they continued playing, and he's alright now.. phew. He told me he will jia you ah.. :)

Three hours ago, I was webcam-chatting with Rian, Flandy, Alvent and Luluk.. Damn funny.. They were fooling around in Alvent/Luluk's room..

Wished Flandy and Vita good luck for tomorrow - But it's against my favourite Zhao Ting Ting (and Zhang Jun). Faint. Alvent and Luluk were packing their luggages, going back to Indonesia tomorrow. Rian will go back on Saturday.. They promised that they will do their best in Indonesia Open 2007. *pray*

#665 yannie, May 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Wow, hope they are ALL training for glory - imagine a squad of Mohd Arif's (I guess that is the father's name).

Truly, I think this boy has got a future (despite his height). I think height is not necessary a setback in badminton. I think Champion Eddie Choong wasn't that tall either from memory. His speed is good I understand and this should give him the edge. Losing to Taufik was no shame.

In fact, I recall somewhat that he played Taufik last year and it was also a 3-setter -- anyone remembered ?

If he is 18 now, by 20 he should be awesome, like LCW. He should be played sparingly because we do not want to burn him out too early whilst he is still learning. I think the problem with Kuan Beng Hong is that he did not have enough experience and was thrown into the Thomas Cup where he capitulated under pressure.

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Truly, I think this boy has got a future (despite his height). I think height is not necessary a setback in badminton.
    I think the problem with Kuan Beng Hong is that he did not have enough experience and was thrown into the Thomas Cup where he capitulated under pressure.

Height helps and certainly an advantage...take a look at how many steps XXF needs to cover the court than Chen Zhao Chieh...then again you can make a case of Gong Zhi Chao and Susi Susanti, being short but legends.
    As for KBH, I watched with disappointment when I was in KL during TC06, guess he was peeing in his pants...hahaha!

8. FU4EVA

FU4EVA New Member

student
    No wonder they were left behind in the 2nd set. Lucky he is okay in the 3rd set and they manage to win against Ong/Tan

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

True, you can reach higher and stretch longer. Arif has to learn how to overcome his lack of height - being shorter means he can move faster and move the shuttle around quicker. I remember Tan Aik Huang said he got very tired when someone he played move the shuttle too quickly coz he was slow to move with his height and size.

10. Mat Jie

Mat Jie Regular Member

that pays enough
    if i'm not mistaken....ardi wiranata and haryanto arby frm Indonesia are not tall players but yet they still can produce a very powerful backline smash...:D ....so he( Ariff) can still make it....and by the way X Ball...it should be the Latiff family and not Arif (in ur post #666):D

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Terima Kasih Mat Jie for correcting me on the family name.

I will be watching out for this young guy. Hope he focuses on Badminton, should do if he is with BAM.

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Man, are you really that old...to quote Tan Aik Huang's words....hahaha! sounds like you are in my era...LOL!!!:D

13. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    After his loss yesterday....

Attached Files:

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Yes, it was a very dissapointed game for CJ. As Kendrick humbly put it, CJ wasnt at his best, and probably it was his off day. I watched that game, and they didnt impress me at all.

I met Tony at the entrance after his win. Should have taken few photos with him... :D

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Did TH impress you? :rolleyes: Or did you watch his match with Peter Gade?

16. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

U know me well, uncle Loh :D The only time TH didnt impress me was when he played against ME (nay, it didnt happen, and it wont happen) :crying:

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LOL, he was years my senior.