Singapore shuttler vows to continue giant-killing act

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by ants, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

I guess most of the youngsters hardwork, LONG LONG hours of solid training will pay off some day. Includes skipping of schools... training days and nites and not getting enough sleep and not enough revisions... look at how hard the coaches push them... singapore will be the next china? :eek:

2. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

lmao Derrek Wong is the name of my 45 year old uncle... totally confused me for a second.

I was watching the game where Susilio ruptured his achillies. Heres something to think about. Susilio to me it seemed could have wrapped the game up faster seemed like he wasn't trying to finish his opponent off decisively. He ruptured the achilles 13-7 i think in the second game. He could have easily put more effort into the match and won lets say 15-5, 15-4. Do you think hes upset at himself? I know I would be seething!

Anyways its very very unfortunate when high profile young athletes hurt themselves.

3. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

This means all young athletes have to do precautions even if they are fit. I hurt myself because of thinking i'm fit :crying:

4. beerslayer

beerslayer Regular Member

sending resumes into black holes
    I saw Susilo go down and it looked painful as hell.

As a newcomer to the sport, I think I'd really, REALLY like to avoid this particular injury. Can any of you more experienced folks help me understand a) how this injury occurs in play (what did the player do), and b) how to prevent it (are there specific stretches that can help, etc.)?

I'm not in ideal physical condition but this looks like the sort of thing that could happen to anyone, in any condition.