Singapore Open 2007 Draw..

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by tjl_vanguard, Apr 17, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

TH is exceptional

On the other hand, as a top shot,it matters not that TH's not in the top 8. In fact, it might be in INA MS's interest for him to be outside 8 so he's less likely to meet his compatriots (early).If anything,this heralds in a new era;it's not safe to be at the top-it means the chances of meeting TH early is higher than for those at the bottom- something LYB cannot buy insurance for. It's good to see CHN Team A lined up nicely in the top 8 cos that's the only way they can snare a title otherwise LYB will be sleepless from lack of security and confidence.
    Yes, it's naughty of TH. Work 1 day ;rest 2 days. But then, why not? He has proven he can still beat LD, WR1 even with his lazy attitude.CHN MS cannot afford to do that. That privilege is strictly TH's .

2. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    is there a qualifiying-rounds schedule ?? admission for qualifiers is free of charge :)

3. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    YKB's world ranking is 30++, WTM has already mentioned about his low performance in few SS Tournaments before he made a debut of sudden surprise in the recent ABC. However, he might get the chance to prove himself in Indonesia Open before the 3rd placement of player comfirm in World Championship. 1st & 2nd comfirmed : LCW & Mr.Yoyo. All the Best YKB ! ! :)

4. bocmark

bocmark Regular Member

ah... ic...
    thanks!

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Hmm... how come Jung Jae Sung partnering with Lee Jae Jin? Where is LYD?

6. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    I also want to know why :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Trend nowadays to swap partner, culminate the best of the best? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  8. Scanner

Scanner Regular Member

Accounts

yo bruce,

is the venue for 1st may still at indoor stadium?
    the first round used to be at badminton hall.
    can you confirm it's at indoor stadium. thk u buddy.

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  10. Scanner

Scanner Regular Member

Accounts
    YES SIR,

i will meet you there on 1 may, court 1 sealman vs scanner :)

11. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    A privilege given only to the truly talented, past, present and future, not just strictly TH .....

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Must be new coaching changes, with Tan Kim Her leaving for England. Besides LJJ is JJS's original partner.

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. Except I don't know who of the past. For the present I believe it's only TH. It'll be good if you can offer some names since you would be more knowledgeable here cos I'm only a recent badminton fan.

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    A few on the list would be Rudy Hartono and the late Svend Pri (supposed to be more talented than Rudy, but off-court problems and mental issues plagued him). Pri committed suicide while still in his 30s.

More recent would be Prakash Padukone (what wristwork, even top power players such as Liem Swie King and Han Jian had to bow to that, Swie King was badly beaten in the 1980 All England final and Han Jian was handed a duck once in a match in 1981). Morten Frost is another talent, a player with so many allergies, who was able to maintain top form well into his 30s with that Danish specialty, economical footwork. At one time, he was the only right-hander challenging the all-conquering left-handed Chinese juggernault.

And of course, that great talent Zhao Jianhua. Stopped prematurely by a lung infection which reduced his lung capacity. Pity .....

Malaysia hasn't had a proper badminton talent so far, though Eddy Choong and Misbun Sidek come closest.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thanks for enlightening. So it's like one for each era?

16. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

All the names mentioned were legends, not forgetting one of my fav players, Yang Yang. IMHO, Zhao and YY were best of the best for their generation, and now is LD and Taufik. (just personal opinion)

17. SiuMcFung

SiuMcFung Regular Member

ur a recent badminton fan? LOL u talk like ur an expert though :rolleyes: :D

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I don't understand that either! My badminton skills and knowledge are like kindergarten level so if you talk details with me, I'll be an attentive student. But I can see the big picture and analyse behaviour patterns.
    i was hoping that BCF would be like a badminton night school ,where those who know can provide analysis of strategies so those 'young' ones can learn from and create from there. Eg like how Boonsak employed different strategies with LD,RS and CY. (The only one who have done it is bananaboy;I've learnt a couple of things from him when he forgot to be sarcastic.Thanks, bananaboy and pls do more because that's when you are at your finest.)
    Instead this forum is filled with dart throwing.This indicates the mind is not challenged enough so the energy is used up in a mindless manner. May I request that those who know share their views so that those who don't know(like me) can learn ,and ask questions so you don't rot.