Silly Talk!!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by Timbuctoo, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Hello all, I'm from a small time Badminton country and I have to say that I was a little disapointed by some of the talk in the forum during the Worlds. The recent posts about England and China in the MDs final was rather silly. If it truly was boring and the English pair didn't belong there then explain why it turned out that way. The experience that Eng pair gained by reaching the finals will provide them with the catalist to improve for the next International event.

I believe strongly that people in this forum that come from Badminton Super Power countries should full on support countries that aren't so strong so that the future of the sport is good. I like most others in here were suprised to see some of the European countries doing well this year, it is both encouraging and great for the sport.

Apart from Denmark, we all know that China, Indonesia & Malaysia have dominated this sport for decades. We also know that many in the forum are a bit upset by the lack of coverage Badminton gets. If this is the case try to support other countries in their endevour to improve at Badminton rather than run them down because when many countries come together to play at an International level and the underdogs do well we are witnessing the future of our sport!!

Congratulations to the English team for your outstanding effort and I wish your team and other teams that competed the best for the future. Well done!! ;)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    there are close o 18000 members here so there bound to have some that disagree with u but i'm sure 99%+ of the forum members, including myself, see that all winners deserve their accolade. If the traditional power of MAL and INA failed to win medals, well, they failed because they can't adjust to the english players or the improved chinese players. There can be no blames but to themselves and their coaching staff.

you had forget to mention that there are way more congratulatory threads and posts to the english teams than not. Don't let 1 or 2 negative posts get to you.

#2 cooler, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  3. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

I think we just free in this BC Forum to say our opinion & the way we think as long as not racism or insulting.

As cooler wrote above, there are also alot of BCers did say congratulatory to the winner & even to loser. Maybe you shouldnt also forget to point that :)

I am proud as BCer & can share alof of about badminton thing here with poeples around the world.

If I think there are some silly think in this BC Forum, I would just keep it by myself " even sometime ... I think it is also quite funny thou :p "

Anyway..... glad to be here in BC Forum & without you all we BC cant grow up & become more famous ever.

VIVA BADMINTON

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. It's great to see the Europeans doing well. They thoroughly deserve their wins.Mind you, I believe they put in , maybe only 20% of CHN's effort level ,so not only do they win, they win smart.That's what i'm most impressed with. Can you imagine when the Europeans put in 30% of CHN's effort in training? Badminton can only get better.Congratulations, England!

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

The the MD final highlight the hidden importance of mental stability and clear thinking going into a major event or against a famous pair. The english team was solid until meeting cai/fu. This is normal because of their new exposure PLUS they prolly didn't train to beat cai/fu coz they or their coach didn't expect them to reach this far.

Look at Lin dan, chen hong and bao during the athen olympic, they ALL bombed and beaten by lesser players ronald susilo in 2 set (SG), shon seung mo (KOR), Park Tae Sang in 2 set (KOR), respectively. Where are these dragon slayers now?

6. Calvenng

Calvenng Regular Member

Professional
    The reality is this year's Men's double championship is not of a high standard compare to the past which has stronger Indonesian(Gunawan, Widjaya, Sidek), Malaysian and korean pairs.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i guess some people just can't accept changes.:rolleyes:

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It is nobody's fault that the finals turned out the way it was. You think we should nicely ask Blair/Clark to forfeit their match against LP/JR just so that we can have a more "interesting" final? Of course not. Everyone's out there to try their best.

9. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

With their run at the finals in this World Championships I hope that England will be a suprise package at the next Thomas/Uber Cups. I would love to see countries like my country Australia linking up with Indonesia (our closest country) for player development in the future. Sport not only strengthens countries ties but it doesn't matter what language you speak everybody understands, just like music. If the future of Badminton wants to be a strong one then countries need to help each other develop their players. Thanks for the comments guys & gals!