Side news during SS Final 2008

Discussion in 'Super Series Master Finals 2008' started by huangkwokhau, Dec 14, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yeah, thats really funny..everytime he pronounce it, i ROFL:D
    not to forget bao chun lai too..he pronounce it as BOA Chun lai:p

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

I was wondering, do you guys do this for every single BWF or SS event? And are you the only one doing this task??..
    ..i would second you on this, quite true.

It would be nice to hear you give any heads up news or your reports or post-tourney account on BC, whenever you're doing this live sideline reporting, fivetwosix!:cool:

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Actually,doesn't quite work out that way.
    I usually support underdogs to help generate a good match or stay neutral.
    LCW does not need my help or anyone's really when he's confident.
    In Asia, i would always cheer for Europe and support may change from match to match.Eg,MK/HS vs KKK/TBH,I cheered for INA;KKK/TBH vs LYD/JJS, I cheered for MAS;MK/HS vs CW/TG, I supported CW/TG so the players got really confused cos there's no 'loyalty' in my support.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thanks for your perspective. Don't mind being one of your assistants,esp the stats.I was told umpires input the match stats;that part requires major overhaul and standardisation among umpires.They all seem to key in different things.What's classified as 'winner'? What's 'Other'? One umpire has no 'smash' in his match.

5. fivetwosix

fivetwosix Regular Member

sports journalist + academic
    We are on-site at every BWF event, we usually do SS off-site, it depends on the resources available. Like 'time' for instance, which I don't have very much. :)

We give loads of heads up news on Badzine, what I deemed as useful public knowledge at least, so you can just visit Badzine and keep refreshing the site, ha ha. It's an extra step to come here and re-post what's already on Badzine..

Post-tourney account, hmmm truth is, usually after a tourny, I will be so sick of badminton that the last thing I would want to talk about is anything badminton, ha ha. Its different, like for you guys, you just catch the games and players you like. While as a job, we have to watch every single one (well, 90%) and catch players even though they may not be the most talk-able.

6. fivetwosix

fivetwosix Regular Member

sports journalist + academic
    Are you based in Singapore? We do have a lot of assistants in Singapore, usually girls! But of course having another one is no harm :) In terms of stats, I think the 'live' TV commentator needs it more urgently than we writers do. I usually only incorporate stats that I can personally verify into my articles. In terms of standardisation, if BWF or event organiser is slack about, it doesn't really motivate the officials to be vigilant about it. So maybe you should consider volunteering at the SS itself, set a standard. ;)

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Sure, I don't mind volunteering on the match stats clean-up.Can do for Spore Open.Just let me know when to be there.And maybe I can let
    JB know while it's flattering sometimes he commentate badminton matches like as fast as for horse racing,over engaging the hearing mode can disengage the visual mode, so we can't process what we see.

8. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

by the way,any1 there saw vita/natsir throw their racket to the audience?cool i wish i can get their racket too