Should I buy a standalone WISE tension head?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by michael5098, Oct 13, 2020.

1. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

I'm currently using the AEF flyer 200, and was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade the drop weight to an electronic one. Has anyone else made a similar upgrade? If so, did you find it was faster to string? Any drawbacks?
    I'm happy with my current setup but it's frustrating sometimes when pulling and the drop weight isn't horizontal. So then I have to re-adjust and drop again, which could be multiple tries. I feel like this would be eliminated with an electronic puller.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Are you happy with the turntable, clamps etc.? In general, the good thing about a WISE upgrade is that you can still upgrade the base machine later on and move the WISE to the new machine. And how many jobs are you currently doing per month?

I've upgraded a Superstringer T20 drop weight with the WISE at the time. It was a pure luxury upgrade since I've been (and still am) far from a number of rackets that would justify the purchase. I don't regret buying the WISE at all. The time difference per job was around 5 minutes max, so that wouldn't be the key issue. However, I just love the consistency and that you only need one hand to tension the string. And on top of that, you have both hands free once you've activated the pulling mechanism. Do you need that? Probably not. Does it feel good? Definitely.

Less money in your wallet. ;)

#2 s_mair, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    michael5098 and speCulatius like this.