Shi Yuqi ( 石宇奇 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Caffrey, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A top dog lost G1 by 8-21 and barely survived G2 by 21-19 on his opponent's two unforced errors. i.e. it could've gone either way, the possibility of SYQ nailing it in two straight sets was very real ? You mean a top dog, atm, can never lose ? What's more, SYQ's potentiality is not obvious ? KS was even pushed hard by Prannoy, mind you.

C'mon, offer me a reasoned argument rather than just throw in your mere biased opinion coupled with name-calling. So far, it appears to me you've been lying in wait just to quarrel with me now and then, behaving like an irritating stalker. Buster, it's you who need to get a life.

2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Of course the role of fanboys have changed now.
    Then we have CHN fanboys running the place, now IND fanboys.
    Well, that should tell something.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As in all sports ,sadly speaking, the rivalry between and among all the various fans are even more intense and extreme than the actual rivalry of the players/idols.

Fanboyism, not me, I've no time for that. Childish.

4. Master

Master Regular Member

They spread out very quickly even without any GOLD medal at all.

Maybe they find the time is right now than too late after the SS title running out before the GOLD coming

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Wow. I never expected this from you.
    Showing the true colours !

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

6. Master

Master Regular Member

It's better to prove the quality on major event.

Gold will speak for themselves. SS titles couldn't say more than just a starting journey which is could remain in short time only.
    The wording "Chinese fanboys need to get a life." is clear enough to describe the intention behind all these sounds spread out everywhere.

Am I wrongly read that?

7. Baddyforall

Until Few months back, we have seen Malaysian fanboys as well , when Lcw was all over the Super series titles. So, this is a cycle it seems. Now add Japanese fanboys as well to india . There are so many Japanese fanboys here. So, let them enjoy. When a person attains some success, all other fans feel threatened by them and starting comparing them to their respective idols and drop some provocative statements and attract attention. For e.g.. Kento Momota thread. And Victor Axelson thread. This won't stop for many more years to come as these three will dominate for some years in the future .
    We can add Shi Yuqi as well. I thought he is on the way to the top level when I saw him played Sri. Unfortunate, he had to meet Sri in quarters. If he was in the other side, he would have reached finals. Then we might see their fans as well. So, this seems normal to me . But the conversation should be civilized and comparisons should be logical. Otherwise, there would be unnecessary attraction like this .
    Shi yuqi vs Srikanth match , where though I thought yuqi came with all out attack on srikanth in the first game, I felt srikanth did not expect this from shi yuqi considering his previous encounters. Even I felt surprising. Second game, it was see saw, and sri edged out yuqi in a close game. Third game , one sided one for Sri. Here , you may say if shi yuqi played without unforced errors , he would have won. But Sri fans would say that if Sri would have played like he played in game 3, he would have won in 2 games.
    But the truth is Sri won in 3 games.

8. Baddyforall

He went too far to use that word. But what is the difference when everybody talks something like that. India is not a superpower , I have been talking about this for some time. Still long long way to go. SS titles is the stepping stone. India gets success in every 2 decades . Before it was Prakash padukone, later Gopicand and now is the golden era for badminton where many shuttlers coming in. So, we would be seeing them in many more finals. So, he with it. There would be always criticism everywhere whether you did not perform well or you perform well .
    So, let us not spoil this thread and divert the content of matter.

9. Master

Master Regular Member

Again, I'm just think about there is always sometime up and down for the players. You should know back in the time after SK defeated LD in 2014, SK got only 1 title in 2015 and zero title in 2016.

Criticism is good but in proper way it should be delivered.

You may notice the way fans of India do their expansion is too far away. As they said Momota doesn't have talent in Momota's thread -OR- SK is the top dog in Badminton in SYQ's thread. We're knowing that super improvement done by SK, no one denying that fact. BUT then invade other thread with hyperbolic description and pushing other opponents' thread is not on proper way.

In this kind situation I think it should be prevented soon before the situation become uncontrollable anymore.

10. Baddyforall

When @JustinL was explaining his point of view of the match between Shi yuqi and Srikanth, i explained my point of view in that match.
    Yeah, i accept that @trackwhack went little bit far. But that does not change in any way that Sri is currently the best player. This may change in future. You are talking about indian fans. But have you seen Japanese fans in kento momota thread?. They are even over the top compared to Indian fans, if you ask me in terms of comparison . For eg,"Momota will eat KS and Axelson for lunch" .Lol . I find it very funny when i read all of them. So, don't pin point on somebody before looking back at you.
    Please, let us not disturb this thread further.

#110 Baddyforall, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    stanleyfm and CIA-99 like this.
  11. Master

Master Regular Member

Then you need to start reading more pages in Momota's thread.

"Momota will eat KS and Axelson for lunch" ---> "Momota used to have Axelsen and Srikanth for lunch."
    The way you read is wrong. The right sentence is the one said (clearly using past tense).

You don't get my point either, saying "Sri is currently the best player." inside Shi Yuqi's thread is not the best place.
    Japanese fans doing in their place because of Anand S (sounds like Indian fans a lot) which have 6 pages too offensive toward Momota's talent. And you're in different line with him. He is the one who makes a starting point there.

That's why this forum divided into several sub forums. If you want to posting Shi Yuqi's on the perspective of SK, let's make it on SK's thread.
    If both players meeting each other in current tournament, then makes your point in the tournament's thread.

Shi Yuqi will bounce back someday, he will learn something about how to defeat more experienced players.
    And he's currently CHN best No.3 and have more than enough time to learn from his senior. The coach also doesn't let him down.

Next tournament China SSP, SYQ/CL will meet SK/SWH in semifinal. Another great match gonna determine an important result for Dubai SSF. It should be very entertaining to see. Chance for SYQ doing his revenge against Rajiv Ouseph will be his opening match.

Why don't we wait and see.

#111 Master, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Cunning Linguist likes this.
  12. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Lol, thanks for the mention @Master , but objectivity shouldn't be confused for being offensive

13. Baddyforall

The tone and tenure of your post is totally unnecessary. There was a post regarding the match of Shi Yuqi vs Srikanth. I gave my view . That's all. Your grudge is totally unnecessary.

Shi Yuqi will bounce back someday, he will learn something about how to defeat more experienced players.
    And he's currently CHN best No.3 and have more than enough time to learn from his senior. The coach also doesn't let him down.
    -
    Even me too thought the same way. Read few posts before , where i said that Shi yuqi will join the three including K.Srikanth, Victor and Kento. So, what is these all about. As if indian fans are spoiling other threads ? . Wow.

First i ask you to calm down a bit before coming to judgements.

#113 Baddyforall, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  14. Baddyforall

Man, you keep on giving false stats and i had to reply you back. SK got 1 GPG title and SA games gold. Let us stop with this. Don't reply me here after.

15. Master

Master Regular Member

Again, this is SYQ's thread. The title mention off course about SS title. Why should mention GPG for top 10 player's achievement?

You always said STOP but still insist talking unnecessary thing about non SYQ things.

16. Baddyforall

Yep. Even I am saying the same thing. This is shi yuqi's thread . Then, why did you mentioning about some wrong information and forcing everybody to reply. You stop giving wrong information and your hate towards KS. Now he is a standard top 10 player,whereas at that time he was not.
    Enough said.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You have got to be kidding me.

18. Baddyforall

The "Kento Momota" thread is becoming like a fighting ground.
    I was referring to it.
    Throwing stones against each other do not speaks the truth.
    my point is "WORLD IS CHANGED. LET HIM COME TO THE REALITY FIRST , THEN WE DISCUSS IT. BEFORE THAT , YOU CAN'T COMPARE HIM TO THE CURRENT BEST AND JUDGING HIM TO BE THE BEST".
    The true content behind the fight is this. I don't know when it will be over. It may finish only after 2020?

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Time to get back on track.

All further posts not relating to this title thread will be deleted.

Mod

stanleyfm likes this.
  20. naveent22

naveent22 New Member

Which racket is shi y q using currently anyone..?