SHB Aerus Z2 or Power Cushion Eclipsion Z3.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Jay1, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Jay1

Jay1 New Member

I am looking for new yonex shoes and deciding between SHB Aerus Z2 or Power Cushion Eclipsion Z3.

The eclipsion z3 is marketed as the one that gives you stability and support and resuces risk of injury. The aerus Z2 is the one that is light and gives you speed.

Is there really any difference between a stability shoe and a speed shoe? I don't want to get a speed shoe if there us much more chance of causing Injury but at the same time I dont want to be really slow and heavy. So the speed shoes still offer enough support and stability?

2. Jay1

Jay1 New Member

3. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

A speed shoe doesn't priorities stability/comfort. It would provide speed and freedom of movement.
    It won't cause an injury but it can offer little protection in case you are clumsy with your footwork for whatever reasons.

By volume it has less & light materials so definitely signs of wear & tear would appear relatively sooner.

So it's a very subjective decision.

The Z3 isn't as bulky as the previous Z2 I have heard. I currently use the Eclipsion Z2 and Shb65 Z3.

The Z2 although bulky gives me a lot of confidence. A speed shoe would definitely improve my speed but for that price tag.. i would take Z3 over Aerus.

Vellawolf likes this.