share pictures of your stringing machines!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

very nice machine, may I ask how much time do you take for a racket with a drop weight?

2. Lupukka

Lupukka New Member

Hi!
    It took me about one hour to string the racket, this was my first time with drop weight machine and fixed clamps, so I was in no hurry. Maybe 45 minutes next time :)

3. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

still pretty fast

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The green army is getting bigger and bigger...

Congrats on your new toy! That is one bloody sweet machine this S90. Love the clean turntable and those solid supports. Add a WISE and you can compete with quite a lot of far higher end machines out there.

#284 s_mair, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  5. Lukas Nguyen

Lukas Nguyen Regular Member

IMG_3090-11 Kopie.jpg IMG_3098-11 Kopie.jpg IMG_3100-11 Kopie.jpg here my new Superstringer T70 with a green cover :) :

Aventus, Super85 and s_mair like this.
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Awesome machine, congrats! I've just noticed that there is a T70 now. Does it have those self-centering main towers? Maybe you could explain a bit how that mechanism works since I don't really get the sense of it to be honest.

7. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

8. Lukas Nguyen

for the 6/12: you can see at the picture... for centering the 6/12 point, you only use one of the 2 thumb wheels (both are fixed to the same axle)! if you turn one of the 2 thumb wheels, both tower will move in/out together :)

I hope you can understand what i mean.. my english is not so good. IMG_2149.jpg

Aventus likes this.
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Wow, that's some serious mechanics to move the towers.

So you basically have two options to adjust the 12/6 supports, right? One to directly move the support alone, one where you move both towers simultaneously. So which one do you use to actually mount the racket? Or is it a combination of both?

Maybe I'm a bit slow in the head after a long and exhausting *cough* day in the office, but I'm somehow miss to see when that self centering feature will be useful and better than the normal moveable towers.

10. Lukas Nguyen

no, the support is not moveable (it's fixed to the tower)! you only can move both towers simultaneously through one of the 2 thumb wheels!
    For the 2/10 supports: you only turn the one thumb wheel for both 2 and 10 support (same for 4/8 support)
    the sense of the self-centering systems:
    1. for the 6/12 support: the thumb wheel move the points 6 and 12 from the middle with the similar distance.. (the distance from 6 to middle= 12 to middle)
    by the normal moveable towers: you have to move the 2 towers separately .. so the distance of the 6 and 12 points to the middle is not exactly the same. you need more time to mount the racket

2. for the 2/10 support: the thumb wheel move simultaneously both points to the racket :
    the advantage: it ensures, that both points of the racket is mounted with the same force with only one thumb wheel
    by normal supports: you have 2 thumb wheels for the 2/10 points... so you have to mount both point with feeling finger to mount the 2 point with the same force

I hope you can understand it... my english is not so good ^^'

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Your English is fine, don't worry about that. And with the explanation that the support itself is fixed to the tower, I think I got he whole point of the self centering system. With the small downside that it won't be possible to control where the side supports actually touch the racket (depending if you do bottom up or top down). Still, that feature makes the T70 pretty unique in the drop weight market and in that price range.

The simultaneously moving side supports is the only thing that I'm really missing on my T20. Not that much because it takes a little bit longer to mount the racket, but because the string quite a lot of times gets caught around one of the many knobs. How I hate it when that happens...

#291 s_mair, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  12. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Yeah this is the best reason for wanting a self-centering machine :) Seems like no matter how streamlined a stringing machine is, there will always be somewhere for the string to get caught up!

Aventus likes this.
  13. xe191

xe191 New Member

But if the 12/6 supports are not individually adjustable (i.e. the only way to move them is to move the towers), then isn't that the same problem that the T50 had in one of the other Superstringer threads? With the T50 you guys mentioned it wasn't suitable for badminton since it had no moveable towers, although the 12/6 supports were able to be moved. I'm assuming the problem is that it's not possible to adjust the contact point of the side supports along the vertical of the racket? So since the T70 has moveable towers but non-moveable 12/6 supports, it would encounter the same problem right?

14. Lukas Nguyen

the position of the side support is ok if you see the picture i made!
    for tennisracket, I've to use another 6/12 support ( the distance of the 6/12 support to the tower is much smaller)
    you can see the 6/12 adapter for tennis here:
    http://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/Be...chine-SUPERSTRINGER-T70-electronic-gruen.html

#294 Lukas Nguyen, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  15. ad1256

ad1256 New Member

[​IMG]
    Picture of My superstringer s90 with the wise 2086 electronic tensionhead
    Not sure if you can see the image but let me know and I will see if I can fix it

16. ad1256

ad1256 New Member

I think it will work if you click this link actually

Super85 likes this.
  17. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I really like those towers!

18. ad1256

ad1256 New Member

They are nice towers
    however the load spreaders broke on me this morning after only two racquets
    Thankfully 2 spares were included but I am afraid they won't last too long

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

20. xe191

xe191 New Member

Are the flying clamps that came with the Superstringer good?