Saina Nehwal : साइना नेहवाल

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Jan 14, 2013.

1. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

She's okay with her ranking and I don't think she'll play India GPG.

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    What she is going to do now !!! Does she really willing to participate India Open GPG or .....?? Last year she was a semifinalist in Malaysian open. This year she lost in R16. She has to do something. She need to win India open this year to prove and to gain the confidence back.

3. dieter_spath

Saina has been extensively studied by CHN players so she needs lots of improvements! Inida Open is not for her class. I do think she will focus on training and training, good training always returns will good results in the future. never lose your confidence!

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    My point is , saina does not have a title for more than 1 year. So she need to participate India Open GPG where the competition is less. She can win the title for sure if she participates. Let's see what she decides.

5. dieter_spath

well, it seems Saina will go for the title of the Inida Open GPG. Despite of her compatriot Sindhu, she needs pay attention on Jindapon the Thailand player who is good at indefatigable defence. Also Suo Di from China, she's not famous by now but the style she plays always reminds me WYH.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

7. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

was it not mentioned somewhere she may skip a few events in '14 to focus on fitness? i think she really needs it. as things stand, she may never get back as high up as she was last year, it's high time she got things under control. if she can't physically match the younger players, she needs to make good use of her skill and exposure, or else......... :p

8. dieter_spath

Congrats to Saina
    I wish this title would boost her confidence and bring her form back
    but I really think she should lose some weights!!!

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Congratulations . First title after denmark open 2012. Hope this will give her mental strength which she was lacking for quiet some time. Hope she carries this forward to superseries tournaments as well.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yes, congratulations to Saina for winning the IO GPG.

But it would be wrong for her to consider this particular outing to be a "turning-the-corner" performance. Regardless of how the Indian press play this.

The overall level of competition she faced is no indication of the actual type of competition a player ranked in the top 10 should expect to face. And yet, she almost lost to a young player ranked 49.

More than anyone else, she needs to convince herself -WITH COMPLETE AND BRUTAL HONESTY- that she is/was completely satisfied with her performance. All in all, her winning this tournament is absolutely no indication of her "form" or "improvement", IMO.

It is really very simple. If you keep doing the same thing, you cannot expect different results. A very good recent example is WSX. Saina needs to wake up and smell the rot.

11. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Well, you wouldn't consider it a turning point after it just happened. But when we look back half a year from now, it could very well be that this tournament proved to be a turning point. Hopefully Saina can keep building on this success. It obviously meant a great deal to her to turn around that SF match against talented China youngster Deng Xuan.

12. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Last years Saina losses werent straight set losses most of them were 3 sets.... I would attribute most of them to mental strength, loss of hunger or giving up along with fitness.... Baring a few players in the top 5, SN had chances against everyone last year still she was losing, only cause of this reason. So to change that around should be a morale booster, yes I would still say against LXR, WYH or IR she needs more in terms of fitness... but for the rest of the players if she can be mentally tough she is a force....

13. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Honest!!
    However, one question remained: how good a friend is she with Sindhu? Saina minced no words and said it is difficult to be close friends with opponents.

"It is difficult to be friends with opponents. It is true that we train together and talk to each other everyday. But we don't have time to become good friends," she said.

"We don't even have time to talk to our parents. Moreover, she is a big player now and an opponent to me. I am happy for her and wish that she does well. I know people are interested about our matches since both of us are Indians."

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I must say that statement was a chain of wrong choice of words. May be , she would have told the true reflection of her mind directly without thinking twice.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Now she is ranked no. 7 and her compatriot sindhu is no.10 in BWF rankings.

16. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Wow!!! Sindhu up to career best 9.god knows what has happened to s. Julianne.itz her retirement time.its a very tough draw for pc in tje upcoming AE.Whereas not so for saina till the q.f. Where she might faceWSX.anyways we hope for the best.....all the best!!

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Money provides security in old age: Saina Nehwal

1. What is your philosophy towards investments and saving ?
    It is the foremost requirement to save same money and invest whatsoever is saving in right way. It make the future secure against the paucity of money when there is no income.

2. Are you disciplined when it comes to investments?
    I have used my money in a very nice manner. I am helped by my father for the same. I give service tax, advance IT and returns on time. I am helped by reputed CA in Hyderabad.

3. What kind of an investor would you describe yourself as: conservative, balanced or aggressive?
    I am balanced investor.

4. Which is your most preferred method of investing?
    I have saved money in LIC schemes, SBI investments, Bachat Yojana of SBI, fixed deposits in national banks and purchase of house at good locations in Hyderabad.

5. What is your advice to the general public as far as investing is concerned?
    Save money, it helps in nation building. It provides security in old age.

18. dieter_spath

2012's Saina has faded away!
    When will this unknown chubby Saina with less fighting sprits but bulging pockets reach into semifinal in a superseries tournament?

19. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

I think Saina is not as fit and motivated as before. It would be interesting to see if her form will continue to slump when Sindhu will become the number one Indian in the rankings, which I think is inevitable. This would definitely hurt SN's ego, I think Saina will have to reprove her self in that situation. Also, as someone pointed it out, it would be interesting for Uber Cup scenario (which happens to be in Delhi).

20. dieter_spath

Only if Sindhu could survive to the final, she would be the big ace card. But the chance is tiny. So it would be more interesting to see which Saina will go on the stage of UC ? The 2010's Saina, or the feckless Saina we see at the moment.