RONALD WINS (and other stories)!

Discussion in 'Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004' started by Adel, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Okay, this is probably the gadzillionth posting on Ronald's win but seriously, I am SO HAPPY.

When I called home last night, the first thing my mum told me was "Hey, Ronald beat the Chinese guy" and I was like "WHAT???? REALLY???? HE DID????" My apologies to the Chinese fans... it must be disappointing as hell and believe me or not, I understand. But I tell you, it changed my mood TOTALLY. I was feeling really down in the dumps 5 minutes before the announcement... down and out, smoking and feeling that life was bloody unfair... and then THIS! Oh man!

So I know Ronald isn't really Singaporean (the same issue will always resurface no?) but all the same, it felt so good that he finally got somewhere. I mean, if not for Singapore then at least for himself. And my good mood has lasted for the past 24 hours, which is a miracle considering how moody I've been these days. Thanks Ronald! And congratulations!

Oh btw, my mum was giving me live commentary over the phone for 4 hrs and couldn't cook the dinner coz I wouldn't let her go off the phone. Haha. I forced her to watch Kim/Ha play Cai/Fu and she kept telling me how handsome Cai Yun was, blah blah blah. Like I said before, I'm so happy I made my parents follow badminton... my mum was throwing in plenty of unwarranted comments like "I think Ra Kyung Min should smile more. She looks so pretty when she smiles" and "Your dad says one of the players looks like Aaron Kwok (that's Fu Haifeng!). Hah.

Okay, back to work! I've got tonnes of articles to translate...

2. - 73* -

- 73* - Regular Member

lol...i agree with your mum..she's got good taste :D :D :D

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Adel

So happy to note that your day has turned from gloom to bloom!

Ronald was very happy too judging from his interviews. But this likeable and humble young man has not forgotten his friends and those who have helped him achieve his success. Some extracts of his own words:

"...I want to thank everyone, my association (SBA), the people at the S'pore Sports Council who give me massages (and mental training I must add)...

This win is great, but it is important not to get carried away. I don't want to lose this momentum."

(Still thee was no denying the Jakarta-native his day, his biggest moment since moving to Singapore in 1993. He said:

"I can't see where I'd be if I hadn't come to Singapore. The people have great, the association fantastic. I have been blessed and am thankful the decision has proved to be the right one."

And then when someone mentioned about the relatively small winner's prize, his reaction was:

"When I think about it, I get angry. The golfers, tennis players, get so much more prize money. But this is the career I chose. Besides, it's not so much about the money any more. It's more about PRIDE and GLORY."

You, it is a very rare young champion athlete who is so humble, appreciative of what was given to him and striving to achieve better results for the pride and glory, not only for himself and his loved ones by also his adopted country, Singapore. :)

4. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Ha.... I shall let her know. She's always chaffing my taste in men. I haven't even seen Cai's face clearly... besides it's always a given that Fu's the cute one so I think many have tended to ignore Cai's erm... aesthetic side.

5. - 73* -

- 73* - Regular Member

6. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Heehee.... thanks. Not bad lah.... but not quite my type. :rolleyes:

Ge Fei is so beautiful in the wedding gown!