Rexy was angry with LWW/CTF

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by Malaysianfan, Sep 3, 2006.

1. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Definitely, I think its a setback to badminton for not adapting new technologies to improve line judging. Come on badders....this is the fastest racquet sports !!!
    As a viewer, I enjoy a fair game. Being fair should not be a burden on the linesmen, they are human being too and it is expected mistakes will happen. But, using technologies to minimize mistakes is what we should do.

2. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    One point can make a lot of difference IMO, expecially when the game also coming to the end and the scores are extremely tight. The players may lose mentalilty to continue to play because of a vague line call. And don't forget, in tennis, there is an limit to challenge (believe is 2 or 3?)

Not sure will person exprience will prove my point, anyways. When I was playing in a HS regional tournment, in my game it was 19-18 with the opposition favour. Then for once, I knew that shot was in but my opponent said it was out... :( Afterward, I just start to gave up, I knew that was too desperate to win the match. (And I did try everything to win..) :(

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-At the end, it's a "wash"...everything cancels out..

Hmm, i understand what you and chibe_K were trying to say. And true, in the new scoring system, every point counts.
    I know we are discussing off topic, so i will rephrase again what i wrote earlier. And this will be my last post on this matter.;)
    Technology(ie. instant replay or better cameras to follow the shuttles) might help. But what i meant was, personally, i believe in the phrase "what comes around goes around". So, even if you get all the calls against you(even with the help of a better technology) this time, next time around(who knows when), you'll get all calls in your favor. And vice versa. Similar to another saying which goes like "you lose some, you win some"..;):)

#23 ctjcad, Sep 6, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  4. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

In a league tournaments...yes, what you said is absolutely true. But in a grand prix tournament like HO, you lose you out. My take on this topic is IBF has complete guidelines to regulate a tournament to ensure fair play but its the quality of "SOME" (NOT ALL) linesmen and umpires that are not up to par. Hopefully what happened at HO is only an isolated incidence, not a widespread problem in IBF organization....cheers :D