Rexy to gamble on the young

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by Malaysianfan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. blessing

blessing Regular Member

haih.. that means LWW dun even have a single chance to compete in Asian Games.. he skipped twice coz of injury.. haih...poor LWW

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I agreed of replacing CTF/LWW but to substitute CCM with new kid Boon Heong is quite a big risk. Even though Boon Heong/Kien Kiat did well in Japan Open but I didn't see any spectacular about Boon heong in the final against Chandra/Tony. I think CCM/KKK is a safer bet and why make such a drastic change without gaining anything on paper. Man, I hope everything work ...

3. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Yap, agree with you. CCM/KKK is a safer beat. KKK is not matured enough yet and he always relies on CCM to encourage and psyhe him up during the matches. By the way, CCM has great defence and more calm on the court.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Right now, MAS MDs are probably at their worst since the TC so there is no best.What I'm shocked at is how fast CTF/LWW 's partnership spiral downwards and how they stop encouraging each other during play after the HKO onwards. That's indicative of some psychological damage and my belief is that Rexy's treatment of them have played no small part. Rexy comes across as a passionate, impatient coach who gives extreme treatment; either he make his charges feel great (youngsters) or feel small (seniors) I don't think Rexy did it on purpose and he's probably unaware that he may be the demoralising force crippling CTF/LWW. That's how CTF/LWW inexplicably lost confidence (Certainly Rexy's performance expectations of them are higher) If you want to compare skills, definitely the seniors are superior. Skills are never lost.However you need superior fitness to deliver superior skills.CTF/LWW are not at their fittest right now, both psychologically and physically and I can't see how they can recover under Rexy. They need to get away from Rexy. Tazari/Lin's skills are not CTF/LWW's standard yet but they are fitter and on a high so they are a safer (not necessarily better) bet for AG but I'll be impressed if they can land a medal.Let's hope Rexy's high risk (actually no-choice) bet delivers but it's easier to expect nothing.The big mistake may be to leave out CCM because he has consistently delivered on the big stage. His rustiness was caused by his out -of-action for a month, not a lack of confidence.

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    BAM have not decide yet on CCM's status at the moment. Will see how it goes.

6. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Wrong bday! FHF - dob = 23/8/1983

7. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

I think the expectations on them to win the World championship recently were just too high. Everyone and coaches said that they stand the best chance to win the World Chamionship. However, since they have played badminton for more than 10 years, i think that they should be able to handle everything including pressure. If both of them have any misunderstanding towards each other, they should know how to solve it. If they still couldn't handle these things which are important besides the skills, i just don't know how the coaches can help them. They have been playing badminton together for more than 10 years already. Aren't they supposed to be experienced enough?:confused: Like Kim Hock said, their biggest enemy is themselves. I just don't understand why they can't handle these things. Easier said than done, but they are professional.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Asian Games/Badminton: Boon Heong determined to realise his dream
    01 Nov 2006
    Ajitpal Singh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YOUNGSTER Tan Boon Heong, who will partner senior Koo Kien Keat for only the third time in the Doha Asian Games, aims to make the combination work.

For Boon Heong, 19, being paired with a senior player will help him realise his dream of becoming a leading doubles player in the country.

The talented youngster from Selangor partnered Kien Keat for the first time in the Thomas Cup in May and in the Japan Open where they lost to former world champions Tony Gunawan and Candra Wijaya in the final.

However, Boon Heong is not new on the international scene.

He has earned valuable experience playing at the highest level for the past two years with former partner Hoon Thien How.

Boon Heong and Thien How won the doubles title in World Junior Championships in 2004.

"I will make full use of this opportunity and justify chief coach Yap Kim Hock’s faith in me," he said after the Games squad met chef-de-mission Datuk A Sani Karim at the National Sports Council in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

"We have about a month to polish up our skills. However, I do not foresee a problem as both of us have a similar style," added Boon Heong.

Kien Keat is also excited about his new partnership with Boon Heong.

"I have never played a mentor’s role in my badminton career. During my days with Chan Chong Ming, he was the one who led me and now I will be playing that role," said Kien Keat, 21.

Kean Keat is confident the combination can work because he feels Boon Heong is a very talented and highly skilled player.

Meanwhile, Kim Hock, who is aware that Malaysia’s best bet of winning a gold medal in Doha is in the men’s doubles, declined to comment whether Lin Woon Fui-Mohd Fairuzizuan Tazari and Kien Keat-Boon Heong were capable of delivering gold.

"We have an equal chance to win gold medals in all of the men’s events. Both our pairs can go far if they play to their potential. The men’s doubles event will be an open affair as none of the Asian pairs have really dominated in all tournaments throughout the year," said Kim Hock.

He said they picked new pairs for the Asian Games to groom them for the 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Olympics.

9. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

this rexy style so indonesian

10. blessing

blessing Regular Member

this better.. indo is popular wif their doubles.. this might improve MAS doubles skills.. but haha.. recent denmark open.. joanne quay hv poor performance wif daniel shirley.. stil pay high expectations on kkk n joanne?? haizzz.... c'mon.. rexy n yap.. pair WPT-KKK back...

11. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Good decision ! I like Rexy, he has the vision and he is being realistic.

12. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    nvm.... maybe this AG in Doha might not bear a fruitful outing but we need look at the future... if kkk-tbh r going on great, they have a realistic chance of becoming first msian olympic gold medallist... so does zizuan-woonfui.. they have a long way to go while ctf-lww might already at the end of the cliff of their career... its so obvious after their poor performance recently...

13. indra

indra Regular Member

Ccc/kkk

If Malaysia wishes to get a gold medal in DOha,

CCC/KKK is the most potential one....

I consider that this pair is the most dangerous MD....

CCC/KKK and Kido/Hendra are the most dangerous MD..today

If CCC/KKK are split,....95% the gold for MD will be grabbed by Kido/hendra:D

14. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    wah,who is CCC? ok,ok,I know,u mean Chan Chong Ming (CCM)..

15. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    CTF n LWW had dissapoint us n their coaches during the badminton open...maybe it is the time for us to c the "kehebatan" of the young players..i think we should giv a chance to young players to show out their potential!!i think Rexy had his own reason to did like tis cos the old player din show their improvement in the WC o other badminton open!!!

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

Dont forget the Chinese...

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Let them play Fairuz/Lin or KKK/TBH first :D

Looking at the rankings, Fu/Cai will be the top seed while Jung/Lee will be the second seed. Kido/Hendra and Fairuz/Lin will be third and fourth respectively.

18. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

it will be exciting match, alvent/luluk, zheng bo/?, KKK/TBH what a match in double

19. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    If i may be allowed to comment...

I think that they made a mistake, replacing Chan Chong Ming with Tan Boon Heong as Koo Kien Keat's partner... The reason CCM and KKK were paired was to deliver the Olympics gold in 2008... so what has become of that now? it was a superb paring, and remember they are (or were) Malaysia's best pairing...

hopefully TBH/KKK can deliver from now on, or else this will be a big mistake....

20. indra

indra Regular Member

To be honest....replacing CCM with TBH...gives advantages to other teams, especially INA....As a spectator, I always felt worried if INA pairs meet with CCM/KKK.:) Good for INA, anyway