REVIEW: Alpha Shuttle Express Stringing Machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Apr 6, 2009.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the benefit of electronics is not something that can be overlooked.

whenever i get identical rackets from clients to be strung with identical string/tension, the ping frequency of them always comes out to be the same. that's consistency and that's what bring customers back to you.

if i am the customer, i want to hand my rackets to my stringer and i want them to feel exactly the same, and also the same as last time i had them strung.

2. thegrobi

thegrobi Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    I have stringed 400-500 rackets. After may be the first 50 rackets (mad learning phase) i think my ping frequencies (and not only that) is like you discribe.

Don´t mess the tension with somekind of scientific manometer i´m satisfied with the results and my clients, too.
    May be my clients wore -more- satisfied, if i tell them to strang with electronic machine (but have not)?!
    Only a thought! :cool:

I´m happy to string in the sunny garden without need of electric plug.
    Thanks for all the objective feedback. May be in the future i will upgrade. Till now, i´m not convinced about more benefits than disbenefits (for me).

bye,
    thegrobi

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    It seems like your decision was made before you even posted, but glad you could settle with a decision!

However, I just want to emphasize on the fact that the difference between stringbeds on an electronic machine vs a crank machine is not at all some psychological influence. There are scientific and measurable factors that prove it.

4. thegrobi

thegrobi Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Here i´m missunderstood and don´t pull on this shoe.
    I took this thread, cause i have the shuttle express.

To decide, if the price for wise is an option for me, i wished to get strong arguments like:
    Without wise stringing took 50 min., with wise i need 35-40 min.
    Some stringers told to be faster with wise, other without. So what shell i belive?
    The argument, that wise precalibrates is one of the good, wich i not knew before.

My decision after the answers (not before) is this one:
    Pro: With Wise maybe a little faster
    Pro: With Wise maybe a little more precise in tension.
    Pro: Wise precalibrates.
    Contra: Wise needs electric plug and is for this not as mobile as a pure shuttle express.
    Contra: Wise would cost me much money for bying and little for using.

As you can see on my webpage, i´m a big fan of selfmade-tools. So i like the way and idea to optimise a stringmashine very much.
    For me till now the pros of wise are not so strong, that they eliminate the cons.
    For other stringers they do.

bye,
    thegrobi

#264 thegrobi, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Those are totally valid arguments! And of course you're free to go the way you want, I am no one to tell you what to do! Plus, stringing outside during the summer sounds awesome!

I was just trying to debunk the argument about the psychological influence on the customers. It made it seem like you thought the electronic tensioner would have no real benefits, which anyone who has tried one would instantly disagree.