Resurrecting grip - both shoe and racket

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Mark A, Jan 9, 2009.

1. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Alright, thanks for your reply. I will try that!

2. NotSoHandyAndy

NotSoHandyAndy New Member

[Still off-topic]
    Table tennis rubbers go off regardless of what\how you clean them. Serious players will be counting the hours they practice on a set of rubbers before changing them and almost certainly change them for a match. They may then be re-gluing them in between as some people find that livens them up (which is some people's thing)

3. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Yes, I know that. The average rubber lasts for about sixty hours of play before they are dead. What I was referring to was that I thought using those non - commercial cleaners would make the rubber die long before the sixty hour period but I guess I was wrong as other people are using it and I suppose it is pretty much the same thing as what the sell commercially anyways.

4. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

it does! :D
    in fact i have used it for 3 months and its really make the grip sticky.

i really enjoining to read all this stuff! thank you all!

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    while not having sweaty hands, i find the yonex super grap works very well, especially when i change it every month. i have never had a racket fly out of my hands. i do find the towel grip more slippery thus in need of the grip powder stuff to make it more grippy. as for shoes, i would recommend simple green, a strong degreaser. i usually spray that stuff on the shoe till there is enough to have it run thru the whole bottom of the shoe. then just let the shoe sit and dry on its own. it is so grippy afterward that sometimes there's too much grip when i move from side to side, but that's mainly because my footwork sucks.