Result of Asian qualifying phase

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by cxytdn, Feb 15, 2006.

1. alloh

alloh Regular Member

any update of MAS vs Indon? :(

2. qwertyu

qwertyu Regular Member

Malaysia vs Indon should be over by now, as the 21 point format means faster games. But still no results on the net.

3. kemana

kemana Regular Member

still no news? anyone in Malaysia can get any information about this ?

4. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    haiz...the website is really slow in updating the results...

5. alloh

alloh Regular Member

Malaysia Won 3-2 over Indonesia.
    Malaysia won 3 singles, lost 2 doubles.
    Why Wong Chong Hann was not playing in 3rd single player?

LCW beat Taufik 21-13, 21-9
    Hafiz beat Sony 21-10, 21-9
    KBH beat Simon 24-22, 12-21, 21-17
    CCM/KKK lost Luluk/Alvin 16-21,21-14,16-21
    LWF/Tazari lost Markis/Hendra 13-21,17-21

6. kemana

kemana Regular Member

ok, got it, thanks

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Regular Member

IT
    I think this is a very good strategy. Since Malaysia already qualified into Thomas Cup Final, should give some tense team match exposure to Kuan Beng Hong especially the score might be 3-2 or 2-3, and the 3rd single will be the decider. Also, Simon is not that outstanding as well. Well done Malaysia coaches, KBH really need to inject extra confidence to become a better player.

8. kemana

kemana Regular Member

yeah, i guess that's a good start for KBH
    but , must be a misserable experience for Simon...
    and this is not the first time....

9. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Simon's confidence is gone for team event, Indonesia got to replace him for teams. Anway, scoreline is lopsided between LCW and TH, seems TH dont care. Also Sony got a trashing from Hafiz.

10. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

Wow, too bad none of the Qualifying match is shown. There seems to be some really exciting matchup. Would like to see the match between LCW and Taufik, and Taufik and Boonsak. Anyone know if Taufik is playing bad or did he just got outplayed by those 2 players?

11. kemana

kemana Regular Member

replace him with who? they have any choice?

12. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    While I didn't watch the match, I suspect Taufik is just very indifferent. We all know he is perfectly capable of beating Boonsak and LCW if he puts his mind to it. In fact, TH beat LCW as recently as SEA Games in December. Maybe he was thinking 'Indonesia has already qualified, why do I need to work so hard?' or alternatively, maybe he was still in honeymoon mood. Oh well, we will just have to wait for the real TC to see if he can really play well.

13. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

The question is who will replace Simon? For this 2 years, PBSI only send Taufik to major events, Sonny and Simon to 3-4 star events. Because of their "want to had profit as much as possible" they only sent players or pairs that can produce money for them.

Look at Malay who send all of their olds and youngers players and pairs. At least KBH is better than Simon in team event. Chinese produce Chen Jin cause they sent him to all major events to gain experiences. Not to mention Korea and Denmark who had hopeful players now. But Indonesia still count on Taufik and Sony. And now we even cannot count on Sonny. Lost to Hafiz still acceptable but lost to Thailand second singles?????????

I can assure you, the PBSI officials will said that its not important we lost to Malay today cause Indonesia already get the ticket to Japan. And we will win the Thomas Cup in May later and another sweet lies will go out of their mouth.

But deep down every one know, we are in deep deep trouble. We already used our best players minus Chandra/Sigit.

But Malaysia haven't play Wong Choong Han and CTF/LWW still they win over us.

So I hope PBSI officials stop your lame excuse and lies. Just state the fact that you will do your best and if Indonesia team failed to win Thomas Cup, all the officials should quit their job cause after 2 years ago failure in Jakarta, the officials haven't produce any good results yet.

Except keep counting on Taufik H, Chandra/Sigit and Nova/Liliy to save their faces in international events.

PBSI officials, shame on you.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The fact that Taufik will lose to LCW and Boonsak is pretty expected because Indionesia has already qualified for the final of the Thomas Cup...the sign is pretty obvious from his earlier struggle in beating the Vietnamese player. I have already predicted that Indonesia will lose to Malaysia..and that is the eventual result!

15. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

A little review of Indonesia Uber team:

I can't blame Maria Kristin who lost twice to Korea and Malay second singles. The reason is obvious, PBSI didn't send her to any of this year events even they know the qualification is in Feb 2006. But the officials will probably use her as scpaegoat cause she lost twice.

Fransisca and Firdasari only produce one win. (I dont count the match against Iran, cause it was too easy match) And Firda also lost to Malay third singles who I believe if they met in usual event and not team event, Firda will beat her easily.

Suprisingly Lita Nurlita/Lilyana Natsir play eally well together but PBSI never gave them any chance in international events.

The biggest upset I had is for Jo/Gresiia. Cause they can't produce any win at all. I had to said that their good results last year because of their good draw not of their good skill. They met easy pair or mostly European pair first in first or second round.

I can't blame them if they lost (quite easy) to Korea pair Lee/Hwang. But lost to Taiwan pair after CYC had play third singles and only had a moment of rest (cause the matches with new score only last 25 minutes - 1 hour top)

PBSI had to sent more WD pairs to the next events. If Lilyana Natsir had the stamina to play XD and also WD, why not try her? She is the best of ladies double we had right now and funnily they wont let her to play women doubles.

If PBSI still had profit oriented in their mind, I canprobably said that the Uber team will never qualify again to the final except when we are the host. PBSI cannot hope that we will had another Susi or Mia who had incredible talents. They had only play few events before they started become one of top 10 players.

But only a few of players had that talent. Look at Zhang Ning who had to play years and years of badminton before she become the Olympic and World champion. Or lets say Kenneth Jonassen, who cause years of hard works become one of the top players.

If PBSI still didn't realise their mistake, probably 5 years from now our Uber Team will lost when we met Iran team. And that is not a joke. Who would had dream five years ago that Singapore, Thailand and Malay girls can beat our girls? Or that India girls in the steps of qualify to final by beating Thai girls 3-2 in qualify and lost to Hkg 2-3?

And today they lost to Malay girls 2-3 in 5 and 6 placement. Meanwhile Indonesia will fight Thailand for 7 and 8 ranking. How sad :crying: Both for our team and Thai girls who won the Sea Games gold for team event. What a suprise!!!!

16. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

No, when Taufik lost to Boonsak, Indo and Thai teams were competing to win one ticket to the final. If Thai had another good player for third singles, they will had a chance to win the ticket. How humiliating that will be.

17. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

And if our Thomas players didn't bounce back quick enough specially from the mental side, trust me when I said that our team will probably did not reach semifinal in Japan.

Why?

Cause other teams did not fear us as they used to several years ago. Now they had confidence they can beat us if they had the believe in their mind.

Specially the Malay team who already won over us twice in a row. The Malay teams already had this confidence, no matter how tight the games is, they will win. No matter if their players lost to us in individual events which lately they already won a lot against us.

Not to mention China or Denmark who also won over us two years ago.

I really hope that our Thomas team will prepare the best they probably can. And PBSI send all of the team players including the fourth singles to all of the events left before the Final begin in Japan.

If they still money oriented and only send Taufik and doubles pairs to the remaining events, our doom is sealed.

18. alloh

alloh Regular Member

Taufick just got married. So it's expected that he in not in the fighting mood. Also maybe he having "fun game" with his wife too hard until can't play badminton well? :D
    I believe when in Japan, he could play very very well.
    And for me.... Indonesia Team still the best in Thomas Cup event. Indonesia Team really have high spirit on winning Thomas Cup. And probably Candra/Sigit will play the final stage in Japan.
    Indonesia has a very high chances to win this TC in Japan, let's see it .... Believe me. :cool:
    As Malaysia, I still remeber we had had many times won the Asia qualifying round as the winner, but then when in the final stage we alwyas lost :(

#98 alloh, Feb 18, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Alloh,

Yeah, what u said is true. Malaysian players are prone to "over-ratings".

Then again, what our Indon friends are saying about their team are true also, even us outsiders can see that PBSI have lost its way. And to think that for the past decade, they dominated Thomas Cup (until 2004).

As for Uber squad, actually now Malaysia, Indon, Thai and S'pore are about same level. None are particularly outstanding enough to be a force (though congrats to S'pore for reaching finals).

20. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

In reality, sending players to ALL events may do more harm than good.

(1) Frequent competitions may wear the players out, and risk picking up injury;

(2) The players might reach the peak prematurely at a couple of the events and then decline at the Finals (players need to reach the peak at the right event!).