Recommendations for light rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Dlee, Sep 26, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Hi all,

My doubles partner recently retired his Voltric Flashboost (green version) where the frame literally folded following a smash (to be fair, the frame was a bit wonky after being strung so probably on its way out) and he would like suggestions for alternatives.

I have given him an Astrox FB thinking it as a natural successor where he played well with it but I think he wants to try something new (not Yonex).

Does anyone have any recommendations for light (sub 80g) rackets?

With regards to specs (balance and stiffness); I would guess head-heavy and medium - stiff

I was thinking about the windstorm 72/74 but wasn’t sure about the flexibility (too flexible?) or victors light fighters (7400, 7500 etc) but the latter appear to be harder to find

2. Ballschubser

Ballschubser Regular Member

Just some thoughts about the weight of a racket. Your hands weight roughly 500 gr, my watch roughly 40 gr, so adding 5 gr or 10 gr to a badminton handle would not make such a great impact, but putting 5 or 10 gr on the head (lever end), would make a great difference.

So, the weight of a racket isn't by far as important as the weight distribution, so a lighter head-heavy racket could feel heavier than a heavier , light-headed racket.

Best to try out different rackets. A head heavy, medium stiff racket is the astrox 77 (new pro version has been released already ?).

3. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales

I had just bought a Mizuno Fortius 90 racket and I had my first session with this racket yesterday. Mizuno Fortius 90 is a 6U5, medium flex and head heavy racket, max tension is 29lbs. I had this racket stringed at 29Ibs to get the maximum power out of it. To my amazement, this racket is a joy to play with! I can easily generate power fast easily for drives and smashes, and I think this now my most powerful racket, considered that my previous rackets are LN N90II and LN N50, and I also owned a LN N90 and N90III. Due to its super light weight, I can easily manuever it to do all kinds of shots with ease and defending with this racket is so fast and powerful. Really love this racket so much now.