Re: Need Help...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by rich, May 17, 2000.

1. rich

rich Guest

<html>Well, I don't know if this is illegal or not.<br>We do it here all the time and sometimes it work. The shuttle actually hit the racket and I win the pt. All u have to do is to raise yr racket above the net where u think yr opponent will hit the bird and if u are lucky, the bird hit yr racket and back into their court and the pt is yrs.<br>regards<br>rich
    </html>

2. Andre

Andre Guest

<html>: Well, I don't know if this is illegal or not.<br>: We do it here all the time and sometimes it work. The shuttle actually hit the racket and I win the pt. All u have to do is to raise yr racket above the net where u think yr opponent will hit the bird and if u are lucky, the bird hit yr racket and back into their court and the pt is yrs.<br>: regards<br>: rich<p><br>Anyway, thanks for your reply...<p>
    </html>

3. wong

wong Guest

<html>its legal if the initial contact point of the shuttle and your opponents racket is in his side of the court...<br>his follow through, however, can cross over the net, i.e. if he hits the shuttle at first in his own court then its a legal shot<br>its okay if his racket then moves along over to your side<br>but his racket cannot touch the net else its a fault... (SEE IBF RULES... this is stated there)<p>if this keeps happening, that's probably because your actions might be a little predictable and your opponent knows when you will do that<br>a good tactic is to do a quick cross court drop...
    </html>

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    <html>The shot has to be made intentionally. Cannot just hold a racquet up close to the net, keep it still and hope the shuttle hits it - that is a fault and I have seen it called so (World Championship singles final 1985) but not read the rules on this.<p><p><br>: its legal if the initial contact point of the shuttle and your opponents racket is in his side of the court...<br>: his follow through, however, can cross over the net, i.e. if he hits the shuttle at first in his own court then its a legal shot<br>: its okay if his racket then moves along over to your side<br>: but his racket cannot touch the net else its a fault... (SEE IBF RULES... this is stated there)<p>: if this keeps happening, that's probably because your actions might be a little predictable and your opponent knows when you will do that<br>: a good tactic is to do a quick cross court drop...<p>
    </html>

5. Ray

Ray Guest

<html>You're right.<br>The player can't hold a racquet close the net and block the shuttle.<p><p>: The shot has to be made intentionally. Cannot just hold a racquet up close to the net, keep it still and hope the shuttle hits it - that is a fault and I have seen it called so (World Championship singles final 1985) but not read the rules on this.<p><br>: <br>: : its legal if the initial contact point of the shuttle and your opponents racket is in his side of the court...<br>: : his follow through, however, can cross over the net, i.e. if he hits the shuttle at first in his own court then its a legal shot<br>: : its okay if his racket then moves along over to your side<br>: : but his racket cannot touch the net else its a fault... (SEE IBF RULES... this is stated there)<p>: : if this keeps happening, that's probably because your actions might be a little predictable and your opponent knows when you will do that<br>: : a good tactic is to do a quick cross court drop...<p>
    </html>