Rackets similar to Nanoflare 800, but more flexible?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by pootisfoib, Jun 20, 2022.

1. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I normally use flexible-medium head-heavy rackets (e.g. Voltric 60, Voltric 5, TK6000), but I recently had the chance to try a 4UG5 Nanoflare 800 and to my surprise, really liked how it felt. It was so fast and maneuverable, hits were solid and repulsive, and it felt almost even-balanced rather than head-light. I could feel the racket had decent power too; however, since I'm not a strong smasher, I think I left some power on the table with the NF800 since it has a stiff shaft. Are there any rackets similar to NF800, but are more flexible? Should I look into rackets like Brave Sword 12, Auraspeed CY, and Auraspeed 90s? Is there anything from Li Ning or other brands?

2. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Might as well go with my personal recommendation. Victor Auraspeed 100X, IMO the best "speed" type racket in the market by far.
    The shaft is Medium-Stiff, but if felt more medium than stiff and "smooth".

3. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Even balanced, not too stiff, fast, small frame rackets? Duora 8XP maybe? (only 3u, so perhaps a bit slower)

I always felt the arcsaber 11's were not as stiff as advertised either.

Silly idea, the NF700?

speCulatius likes this.
  4. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

+1 to NF700. I find that it has sufficient power, though personally I felt NF800 hits harder. 88s Pro and Auraspeed 90s are also options too but again, I find them to have less power than NF800.

If you don't mind sacrificing some speed for power, there's Auraspeed 90k as well, but I find it to be severely lacking in speed compared to NF800.

You could also try a 3U NF800 as well

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

5. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

I don't think that is a silly idea. All the "top end" yonex racquets I've used over the years have been on the stiffer side. One model down to get a different flex to suit TC's needs sounds like a sensible idea.

Could even go down as far as the Nanoflare 500 or Nanoflare 555 if they are the required flex too (website I am looking at doesn't say the flex >< )

As for other brands, I can't comment. Only tried Yonex Racquets. Feel free to go for a non Yonex one