Racket Mounting

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Nicky_Boy02, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Hey my fellow BC folks, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the StringMaster Deluxe from Tennisman. This beast is a lot heavier than I thought. I have some questions about mounting the racket. Can someone take a look and see if I am mounting my racket correctly? Notice that there are gaps on the side supports as well as the top load spreader. Am I mounting it too loose? I can still wiggle the racket.

2. PsychoAssasin

PsychoAssasin Regular Member

Don't know about that specific machine, but that looks definitely too loose. All 6 supports should be snug on the racket.

3. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    And the bottom side supports should be a little bit over the last shared hole and on the top part the side supports should be a little bit under the first shared hole.

4. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

The racket is mounted too high up. The top of the racket is definitely too loose. Make sure the frame support touches the frame. Not too tight but have room for the frame to wiggle.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Positioning looks good, but the supports should of course be in contact with the frame to be able to give any kind of support.

Shared this one a couple of times already, maybe it helps you too:

Congrat on that awesome machine btw. :)

6. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Thanks everyone for the inputs! Special thanks to @s_mair for the video tutorial. I was a little concern of compressing/stretching the racket which was why I mounted the racket loose. After watching the video, I think I have a good idea of how to mount a racket now. Thanks everyone!

thumbnail_IMG_2579.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2580.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2581.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2582.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2583.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2584.jpg