Racket Bag Stuffing?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Tweak, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Tweak

Tweak Regular Member

Student
    I just bought a new Yonex 7624 bag, and I was wondering if there was a good way to keep the bag from looking so limp even with the shuttle tubes, shoes, towels, shirts, and rackets in there. When I was purchasing the bag, my mother was complaining how they don't have the hard side protectors for the rackets like they used to. I know someone at the club I play at who has the bag she's describing, but they don't sell such bags anymore.

Should I just leave it limp looking, or try cutting out some carboard and putting it in?

2. Rai_Korei

Rai_Korei Regular Member

Racquet Stringer
    I really do not think it matters too much. It is just the way it looks. Keyword being looks. However, I do believe in protecting the shuttles and the racquets, but all I can really say is be careful. I mean, I suppose cardboards have the potential to help in reinforcing the sides, but I think it is easier and perhaps just more practical to be careful like how bag-boys bag groceries in the supermarkets.

3. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Some models holds the shape well like the 9624 series, etc. You just happen to choose one that don't.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If you are careful and just use is from home to gym, it's perfectly fine. Rackets are much stronger than the board, under the situation, that you treat the bag (and stuff inside) careful enough. If you happen to crush the bag (say, sit on it), I doubt any extra protection can survive. ;)

5. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Usually, if the bag is a sling type, i put my clothing, birds, shoes, and other odd shaped stuff on the 'inside' (the part of the bag that will be in contact with my back) and all the rackets in their themrals on the outside. That way it appears to be a straight looking bag, and i've hidden all the odd shapes around my non-straight back. :cool:

It's purely aesthetics though. Unlesss you're carrying... a few gallons of water or something... i don't think a bag needs to be reinforced just to protect the rackets from their own weight.

6. Tweak

Tweak Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. I'll only be using the bag to transport my stuff to and from my club, maybe for some travelling in the future. I solved the "limp bag" problem by just not using the shoulder straps. Carrying it like a briefcase helps a lot xP