Question on re-stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by JohnDoura_7, Sep 22, 2018.

?

Will it affect?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. JohnDoura_7

JohnDoura_7 New Member

On the stringing machine..once you've locked the racket on its frame the shaft is then noticeably shaking if moved or touched. So as you're stringing it what happens if you accidentally touched or hit the base of the shaft or the holder or the grip as you're moving/rotating the racket in 360 degree horizontally? Will that 'ruined' or in anyway affect the racket?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no. it will eventually stop oscillating. don't worry about it.

in a related note. the machine makes a difference in how the racket oscillate. I remember in my old machine, it will not oscillate very smoothly, i think due to the mounting isn't as secure as my current machine.

With my current machine, the racket head is very rigidly mounted and only the shaft will oscillate. it will oscillate without interference and eventually stops when it runs out of energy.

3. JohnDoura_7

JohnDoura_7 New Member

Thanks for the insight kwun. On a side note, there must be a certain extent of pressure the shaft can withstand once the frame is locked. Let's say for example when you've locked the frame and stringing it and a customer accidentally fall over the shaft and vibrates it quite tremendously.. wouldn't that affect the shaft or the rakcet in anyway?

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    probably not as much as it would when you actually play with the racket! imagine how much force goes through the racket shaft when someone hits a 100mph smash?

of course, that doesn't mean it is indestructible. just that a small knock wouldn't matter. I wouldn't lean the whole body on it though.

5. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Although there's a big difference between a 0.01s high smash load vs constant but lower load like leaning your body on it ;)

kwun likes this.