Question about the NANORAY 900

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Patritzia, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Patritzia

Patritzia Regular Member

How is the smashing power on the Nanoray 900, is it similar to the Nanospeed 8000? I can smash really hard on 8000 and im wondering if the 900 can produce the same result being less stiff. If the Nanoray 900 is not a good successor to the Nanospeed 8000's smashing abilities, what racket would be? I prefer a racket with headlight-balanced, enabling me to do rapid, fast, smashes consequently with little recovery time. Basically, which headlight or balanced racket can smash the hardest right now?\

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[video=youtube_share;d6qXM08jWO8]http://youtu.be/d6qXM08jWO8[/video]

#2 demolidor, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  3. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

Voltric series (VT80, VTZF, VTZF2) is the bomb for power smashes. Headlight racket that can smash hardest is maybe Nanoray Z-speed if you can conquer this racket.

4. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Z speed isn't headlight

5. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

In regards to z-speed, why many reviews stated how is this racket such a dissapointment? I've read countless of user opinion and many of them being very unsatisfied with this racket. Were they, perhaps expecting "nanoray" to be headlight and yet found out this z-speed isn't one, thus simply labelled as "dissapointment" racket? I saw how VTZF & ArcZS had been receiving good reviews (of course both lines were never part of headlight racket), hence i assume IF Yonex were to re-label Nanoray Z-Speed as Voltric/ArcZ-Speed without the change of any attributes at all, then probably Z-Speed will receive lots of praises! Curious to try one, but i dont wanna risk being one of hundreds unsatisfied customers.

6. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

I think the issue about Z-Speed is also the smaller frame (thus smaller sweet spot) causing a lot of mishits, 3 friends in my club is currently using Z-Speed but seems they`re quite happy about it. ^^

7. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    That's probably true, VZTF II also have smaller frame and the 3 u version actually have a very small sweet spot (tried this, it is even worse with nylon shuttle). Z Speed is also head heavy in Yonex Racket Matrix.... I don't know what the reviewers are expecting...

8. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    I played with the Nanoray 900 today with 66 ultimax and I have to say my smashes seemed much more faster and harder than the smashes I get from my Z-force II. Everybody is very different so do take my word lightly. But the 900 is without question my number one choice for smashes.