Quality base machine to add WISE and clamps

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by penguinarchon, Apr 28, 2017.

1. penguinarchon

penguinarchon New Member

What would be a good base machine to buy if I'm planning to change all core parts?

I will simultaneously purchase a WISE for the tension head, gamma base clamp, gamma fixed clamp, Michal Chudek side supports.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

All that's left after that is the turntable and towers!

I'd say an Eagnas with straight rails - a Combo 910, maybe. Everything but the turntable and stand is going, after all.

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Would definitely avoid Eagnas and go for a Gamma or Alpha machine. You'll end up with a quality machine that you won't have to worry about repairing in a long while. With Gamma, you'll get the base clamps already with your purchase, so you'll save a lot (the good quality base clamps are 400$ + EACH). You should also scout the used market to see if you can score one for cheaper.

Reason is, even if you replace a lot of pieces, with Eagnas you'll still end up with a bad quality mounting system (or even straight up misaligned) that you might have to repair/replace in no time.

4. penguinarchon

penguinarchon New Member

The Eagnas costs 700$, is there a cheaper way to find a turntable and a stand? technically even the stand is optional.

So I should pick the cheapest gamma machine that has a 6 point mounting system?

5. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

You need to check the Gamma model, not all of them have the self-centering mounting system, like I have a table-top version and each arm is tightened separately, the posts need to be adjusted manually and will need re-adjustments for other racket sports.