Pro's Pro Challenger I Stringing Machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by J_M_V, Jan 29, 2006.

1. RipaJaska

RipaJaska New Member

Have you checked the calibration of the machine? I bought a same model and the mass of the weight was nearly 70 grams too high (diameter is 68 mm and it should be 66 mm). I drilled six 6,5 mm through holes to the weight to fix the problem.

The tension depends on the angle of rotation of the gripper. If the gripper is in a horizontal position the tension is +0,7 kg and in a opposite horizontal position the tension is -0,7 kg. In a downward position the tension is ok.

I checked the tension with my digital fish scale.

2. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

The machine comes with 2 bolted on weights. You need to just use one. It's easier to re-mark the tension scale strip than to drill holes in things.

The idiot I bought the machine from knew nothing about the machine. So i nearly tensioned my MP99 to 50LBs.

#42 CoolDoo6, May 12, 2006
    Last edited: May 12, 2006
  3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

In won't call the previous owner an idiot. It's down to the new owner to re-cal the machine, especially if it's 2nd handed. Maybe the previous owner was using that for racketball/tennis racket? :rolleyes:

4. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

Well the idiot i bought the machine from was the owner of a shop.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Please respect other individual. :( Imagine how you will feel, if you ever make a mistake, and ppl talking rudely about you in the public. :cool: :eek:

6. RipaJaska

RipaJaska New Member

If the weight is too heavy you loose the lighter part of the scale. Challenger has a tension range 7...37 kg and I don't want to loose any of it's lighter part.

I think it's harder to clue the new scale to the rod than drill those six holes to it.

7. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

i stuck masking tape on top of the factory scale, and drew my own scale after calibrating the machine with a fishing scale. I can string from 13LB to maybe 30LB tesion. That's about all I need. By the time I can handle 30LB tension on my racket, I would probably be world number 1. By then the string machine makers will throw free machines my way.

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    That's wishful thinking or should we call it "pie in the sky".

#48 Pete LSD, May 12, 2006
    Last edited: May 12, 2006