Pros Player didnt even know what they use

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Budi, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Watch @ckyew video interviewing the pros but funny enough that most of them didnt know what racket they use, in what weight, what string, & even what their tension used.

Ok, a pros could play with any racket but still... is there no requirement from them? Do they just drop their racket & ask to string it with whatever string & tension?

2. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

What I find interesting also is that some players seem to prefer rackets that go against their playing style. For example, Ahsan with the relatively head light Auraspeed 100x when he's mostly a back court player. His smashes had more sting when he was using the Mizuno Fortius 10 Power. Same thing with Hirota and Fukushima. You'd think it should be Hirota using the 88D Pro and Fukushima using the 88S Pro.

3. ubootsg

ubootsg Regular Member

semi-retired
    I suppose some do and some don’t (know about the specifics of their equipment). At the end of the day it’s the person that matters most of all and what he/she brings to the table (ie the game), the skill, experience, talent, fitness, etc. A personal preference of mine is to use different rackets with differing balances, weights and string tensions. I just like to push myself to be able to adapt quickly to any racket and make best use of it…keeps me on my toes and not be overly dependent on a particular racket…or else it becomes a ‘crutch’ you over rely on…simply because it’s your ‘favourite’. Just my two cents worth.

4. Yazfyl

Yazfyl New Member

Think I've heard or read the top pro player's rackets are actually customized to their attributes but then are painted to certain models. No surprise if they don't know what they use.

Also back in the early 2000s there's a top single player using Yonex racket with Gosen stencil.