Proace Ti 8, Platinium and Yonex MP77

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by PoseidonLee, Sep 7, 2003.

1. PoseidonLee

PoseidonLee Regular Member

Technician
    Went to a shop over the weekend ... the keeper recommended me an "antique" that he wants to clear ... proace Ti8. Did not want to buy initially as I just got my yonex mp77 3 weeks back~!

But after much persuasion and promises ... and of course after some goodies throw in, bought the racket.

Tried it yesterday, surprising it's an overall very good racket. It's control is better than my Mp77. Aids my back hand returns. Only thing is that smashing power may not be as good as mp77: IMO, a all round racket and a buget buy given the price. May be a bit stiff if you are not use to it. But stringing with a 24lbs string really give u a very nice metalic vibration!

SGD$89 including string, grip and a Racket bag that holds up to 6 racket.

Proace Ti8 Medium Flex 3U 2G
    String: Yonex BG80 24lbs
    Grip: Protech

Last week tried out the Proace Platinium Dream which my friend bought. Overall feel is that it offers excellent control and response. However, it's too light for my liking. Does not aid much in smashing. An ideal racket if u does not do too much smashing and is an defensive player. Beware of baseline clear though.

SGD$169 including string, grip and a 3 rackets bag.

Proace Platinium Dream 4U2G
    String: Yonex BG66 25lbs
    Grip: Protech

IMO: use the platinium dream for doubles play. Ti 8 is great for both singles and doubles. MP77 is better used for singles.

:p

Starting to have a preference for Proace rackets ... yonex getting to expensive. May try getting the Proace Platinium 530 or 110 next.

2. blueyfish

blueyfish Regular Member

*smile* i agreed with wat lee has mentioned.

I too own a platinium dream. Handling is excellent. Just lack a bit of power. Gd for doubles. The controlling, the projectile force imo is just nice for me.

However, it will be a 3u2g mayb it would more ideal.

Regards
    bluey